Keep an eye on this lads and lasses.......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed the guy a few weeks ago about this shell and how had it been stripped (blasted or dipped) - he has sold it several times on ebay on for it to be readvertised straight away so I guess he has someone helping with bidding it up and it hasnt reached a price he wanted.

The seller confirmed it has been dipped so will probably still have a proportion of acid/alkali strip solution waiting in the hidden areas to munch on any fresh paint anyone applies.

The only way I can see it going is as a ringer - someone will be purchasing what they think is a tax exempt bus (a pup) before long!

I wonder what the difference between a tax exempt bus and a post 73 is? Cant be that much surely.

Buyer beware.

not followed the link, but from what you have wrote, I would think this is a cover story and this chap has a lot of vin plates with chassis number and the matching V5's. In the late 90's when buses were welded to death and late bays where cheap as chip this was rife to get a cheap tax exempt camper. I don't know if there's a way of finding out but I bet there's a high percentage of late bays on a L plate. I know a importer / breaker (no longer trading) used to have a pile of vin plates and V5's of pre 73 buses he had scraped, and a cue of people wanted to convert there buses to tax exempt for a £200 V5. This was over 10 years ago btw

this type of thing was popular with landies as well, i had a tax exempt landy myself :msn4:

Latest posts