Kick panels with holes for speakers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodrich

Reaction score
I'd like to fit a stereo in my bay, and the general consensus seems to be that mounting speakers in the kick panels is the way to go. I've seen these in the US:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1980709

7063610.jpg

Does anyone know if these are available in the UK? Ideally, I'd want light grey vinyl to go with the rest of my interior panels. Alternatively, what's the best way to cut a neat speaker sized hole in a panel?

Thanks

Regarding cutting the hole I would use a jigsaw every time but don’t use a course blade finer the better. Might help to cover the area in masking tape so you can clearly see the line to cut to, drill a hole first slightly bigger than the blade close to the inside of the line you have marked. If it is ply or MDF you can usually see the marked line okay but that black abs plastic is a bugger so go masking tape. Very recently fitted front speakers myself but decided to go in the doors just didn’t seem to have much room behind front panels the doors also act as bit of a natural speaker box but that’s just my opinion.

Latest posts