• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Late Bay Rear Stub Axles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Reaction score
Late Bay Rear Stub Axles / Hub Carriers / 5x112 hubs / Backing Plates = £100

These would normally sell for more than this, maybe even double the price, but I'm fed up of moving them around my garage and them getting in the way, especially now I've decided to stick with wide 5!

So make the most of my frustration and grab a bargain!!

935DF6A7-B441-441B-80D9-CC4DB5A55CE0-2977-00000119F54C6206.jpg

1E8C6C5E-A8ED-4A18-BB34-F3AF2E397E2B-2977-00000119FB355031.jpg

I'm very reluctant to ship due to the weight, but I do get around a bit on my travels!

Shorty said:
Late Bay Rear Stub Axles / Hub Carriers / 5x112 hubs / Backing Plates = £100

These would normally sell for more than this, maybe even double the price, but I'm fed up of moving them around my garage and them getting in the way, especially now I've decided to stick with wide 5!

So make the most of my frustration and grab a bargain!!

935DF6A7-B441-441B-80D9-CC4DB5A55CE0-2977-00000119F54C6206.jpg

1E8C6C5E-A8ED-4A18-BB34-F3AF2E397E2B-2977-00000119FB355031.jpg

I'm very reluctant to ship due to the weight, but I do get around a bit on my travels!

this is a bargain - if I didn't have a 'spare' set I'd buy these - for info this is a straight swap from wide 5,
whip out the short shaft, and the remove the backing plate.
There's no need to swap the housing out if you don't want to so the short shaft, which the hub bolts all fits in EB housing.
Really easy to do.
Price the bits up, the backing plates are £30 on their own, hubs £30 each and the short shafts £30 each, plus you have the housing if you want it - star adjusters...

Shorty and Dubz. Excuse my possible reptition of what Dubz has stated but basically, I have a 1970 and I have recently got hold of some narrow 5 wheels as she has late bay discs on the front. I was going to get an adapter from wide 5 (drums on the rear), to narrow 5 so the wheels fit all around and I don't have to carry 2 spares!

So basically, would these enable me to fit the narrow 5s on the rear as well? All I would need is the drums? With no other real work other than to take it out the current and stick in the new? No modifications etc?

Thanks,

Whis.

yes - I did this

all you need is the drums and new circlips for the castle nut!

All I did was swap the stub axle out - left the carrier bit as earlybay - this did mean I had to adjust the new late wheel cylinders ie drill out the threads so you can bolt it up the same as an early...

I think that you can use early brake internals but I had all late stuff so this is the only bit I'm not sure about...either way this set is a bargain...can't see them hanging around as the buses come out of hibernation!

Shorty said:

Not to me unfortunately tho :(
so if any one has the bits for me to convert to narrow 5 let me know please. :D

Latest posts