Late Bay Steering Box Conversion - Drive in/Out Service

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Ok so we've been talking about this for ages and finally got around to fitting the box and doing the calculations last week so are now able to offer this as a drive in/drive out service (although you will have a bit of a wait as its not a quick process)

The late bay box gives a far more positive feel to your steering and cures the wander associated with worn early bay boxes.

So whats included:

1 x LHD Late Bay Steering box
1 x Secondhand Late Bay Drop Arm
1 x New nyloc nut for drop arm
4 x New bolts to mount Steering box
2 x New nuts & bolts to attach to steering coupling
Millers Steering box lube
Sort the tracking out.

All in price of £510.00.

Please note it is necessary to modify the inner edge of the lower valance, its not visible unless you look closely under the bus :)

We will do the RHD conversion but the box is considerably more to buy so can provide a fitting service if you supply your own box either new of secondhand or we can try and source one for you.

Additional items such as new steering coupling (rubber donut) and drag link can be replaced at the same time if required at additional cost.

We are now taking bookings for this and have a limited stock of secondhand drop arms in stock.

I've recently had a latebay steering box conversion on my bus carried out by Graham at Midland Early Bay and can honestly say the difference is amazing. It has cured my wandering steering which had become a nightmare on motorway journeys and the play in my steering is now minimal. Graham is a true enthusiast and kept me informed and posted pics of his work. If anyone is thinking about getting this done I would say do it as you won't regret it. For me it was the most cost effective way of curing the problem and I can highly recommend Graham's work as I also had one of Buttys Bits throttle linkages fitted at the same time which was all sorted by Graham for me.
And it all came about through this forum 8)
Big thumbs up from me.
Cheers Graham :D

I think I need to start sourcing a RHD late bay box!

Although I've got a feeling my steering can't improve too much as I have a ball-joint beam on my bus.

Glad you are happy Mike and thanks for the kind comments :D :D

is this a new or refurb'd/ secondhand steering box Graham?? and do we keep the old unit??

Regards.

Mark.

If it's LHD then it's a brand new box, if it's RHD then you need to source a box as Mike did, new RHD boxes are £500 +.

Yes you keep your old early bay box

Hi Graham just came acroos an advert ref steering rack conversions?
Don't want to sound thick but is this instead of a steering box conversion or do you need to cure the one first??

Still putting pennies away if we don't manage to sell the van and this will be on the list of things to do although not desperate yet.

Regards.

Sharky.

Latest posts