lets see some interiors please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksack

Reaction score
hello again
some of you may of been following my nut and bolt rebuild of my 70 vw bay (the one my old man ripped every panel off except the roof n the floor)
anyway the resto is zooming along right speedy like and i'm umming and ahhing about interiors i can shove in there
i'm doing the whole thing in a 1950's american diner theme (red, cream and chrome) but the bit i'm really struggling with is bed size. im thinking of a full width bed for several reasons the 1st being comfort the 2nd being that my mrs will be joining me and even though a 3/4 bed is adiquate for sleeping a full size one is handy for those nights when the van is rocking (wink wink) ;)
anyways i could really do with some pics of interiors (full width and otherwise) to get the old brain ticking away and to work out space saving, fridge location, tv mounting, buddy seat positioning, beddding ideas, seat texture, cooking facility's and all the other ins and outs of a camper
bear in mind i wont be living in this for weeks on end just a weekend or two at a time for music festivals and the odd vw show

many thanks in advance

So would I. :( I'll get the ball rolling...

SDC14009.jpg

:lol:

stunning zed, i especially like the combined gas vent and composting toilet thats clever use of space.

here's mine, got more windows in it now though. :roll:

IMG_0831.jpg

going full width RnR, fridge/seat going behind the drivers seat and a table hinging from the side wall.

using the bulkhead and a cab bunk (probably modified) to make a 'bedroom' for my daughter

Here's mine just completed - full width volkswares bed, westy buddy, westy overhead cupboard and home made unit with single gas burner (that I'm looking for a small 12v/240v fridge to install into):

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

lard said:
Here's mine just completed - full width volkswares bed, westy buddy, westy overhead cupboard and home made unit with single gas burner (that I'm looking for a small 12v/240v fridge to install into):

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

That's lurvley. 8)

mmm clean and creamy! Very nice.

I'm going to go for a worn out look. I won't need to look after it then. 8)

here's our interior, we are gonig to add another slimline unit behind passenger bulkhead to house a tv. must get around to making it tho' :roll:

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

Some very nice interiors. :)

In case you didnt already have this, theres a site with lots of interior pics here http://www.camperinterior.webfotos.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that may offer a few more ideas.

curly head said:
here's our interior, we are gonig to add another slimline unit behind passenger bulkhead to house a tv. must get around to making it tho' :roll:

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

Now that is very 8)

Latest posts