Longboarding

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
anyone on here got a longboard?? used to skate back in the day and thinking of getting a longboard for a bit of mellow carving when we're away from the coast

I've got one. I've had this trusty deck since '98. It's been used a lot, I rode it all through College in Boston and my sister even took it to Santa Cruz when she was in school.

DSC_0007.jpg

My recommendation is to get some huge soft wheels and the highest ABEC rated bearings that you can find so you can get the most out of each kick. I've got big orange Krypto wheels and ABEC 5 bearings. It's also much more stable at speed if you run angled risers. They add caster just like caster shims on a lowered bug.

Yep, got about 4 boards sat in the corner of the garage, a couple of old school longboards and a couple of shorter slalom decks Roe Racing and another one I can't remember the other make.

I found the remade Turner Wheels (avalons) give the best grip and ride especially on the red ones, can't remember the rating but they are soft :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yeah i longboard, the deck on mine is real flexable, not great for top speed, but great for comfort and soaks up bumps. stones and potholes, my friend has a solid deck with no flex, hers is great for serious speed, but hit a stone and your fecked :D

I have a lush longboard, dont really use it tho as I am lazy! looks brand new :roll:

yeah i was looking at getting a Lush - just cant decide on which one :?
The Samba looks good but not sure if i should go for something more traditional - its hard work choosing a xmas present for the mrs to buy me :lol: