Louvre window rattle fix

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo1972

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted to share a simple fix for the rattle of the louvre windows, it may help someone in the future.

I bought some grey baize adhesive backed material from ebay, trimmed to 10mm wide strips and fitted on to the ally frame where it contacts the seal when in closed position. Job sorted and simple

thanks EVO1972.....

what a brilliant and easy fix. Ive stuck it bottom edges of louvers, cupboard doors and the R&R bed frame where i suspect it rattles.

Just been out for a 15 mile trip and its now silent.... FAB :D :D :D :D

What a good idea - I don't have the time to take them all apart at the moment! Your solution could the answer!
Do you have a link to the item you purchased? Picture of your window fix?

I have been through every screw, bolt and fastener in my van and almost have a quiet cabin free of rattles (if you ignore the engine! :lol: )

The louvres are really winding me up and I am very tempted to get rid of them but I like the way they look.

eBay item

400718116386 (Self Adhesive Felt Baize Fabric Mini Rolls - GREY)

sorry, i didn't take any photos, but its all hidden. for £5 and a bit of time with a sharp knife cutting 1cm wide strips it was well worth it

Latest posts