louvre window

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler

Reaction score
l am looking to put a louvre window in my (currently being restored by Dubwiser Classic) converted panel van (1970). has anyone else done this and what tips can you give me....where can l purchase one...and does it have to have a different rubber seal around it because it was once a panel van?
so many questions!!! can anyone help. does anyone have one for sale?
ideally i'm looking for a double louvre, l have this type in my other van a 1971 bay and i like the idea of being able to open each window independantly and i think they look much nicer...
any information would be great.
cheers
Smiler :) :) :)

second hand only but make sure you get the converted panel van one.
proper recess window ones are straight on the edges and converted type have curved edges where the rubber would sit.
:wink:

WHS ^^^^

make sure you check em dude as one will fit like a dream, th other like plop :roll:

slammedkustom said:
second hand only but make sure you get the converted panel van one.
proper recess window ones are straight on the edges and converted type have curved edges where the rubber would sit.
:wink:

Thanks for info. Could you confirm what you mean by "the edges". Is there a photo or sketch anywhere so that i 'really' know when i find the right one?

its the bit that goes in the rubber, it goes all around the edge of the window.
looking at it side on it will be straight on a camper one and curved on a converted van one.
the top edge will still be straight but the side edge will either be straight or curved :wink:

Latest posts