Louvre Windows seal questions..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl69

Reaction score
Questions relating to the inner rubber seal on Westy louvre windows........

Did all busses originally have them ? if so why are so many missing ?

Why are replacements so expensive ? (looking at approx. £70 a pair plus postage for a bit of rubber), do they only come in black? (which I think looks pretty ugly - would be much better in a lighter colour on most buses).

Any of you guys fitted them, is it easy, any issues? and apart from tidying the window surround do they give any other noticeable benefit ?

Has anyone come up with an alternative solution rather than buy the rubbers ?

Hi
Fitted a devon Louvre window last week, just used the normal window seal (no inner seal) and if fitted fine, don't know if a westy one is the same?

Vinvan

NLA sell a grey inner seal, they don't fit as good as an og seal though. They are purely cosmetic.

The cost is due to it being such a low production item to have made I would guess.

I think original only 68 and 69 buses had them as standard ... hence the shortage of og ones.

I bought a pair at a previous Vanfest, in a bag with a roof aperture trim and a load of Westy cabinet trim. I paid £5 :D

vinvan said:
Hi
Fitted a devon Louvre window last week, just used the normal window seal (no inner seal) and if fitted fine, don't know if a westy one is the same?

Vinvan
Hi Vinvan,

Thanks for the response,

I have recently carried out a full refurb on my louvre windows, which involved removing and fully dismantling, polishing all the Aluminium bits on a wheel with compound (pig of a job - never again !), then reassembly and refit using seal kits purchased from Heritage - these included all the small glass seals as well as the main seal that fits the window in the frame, but not included in the kits is the inner seal which tidies up the inside surround (and possibly adds noise cold/draft insulation). Without this inner seal the window looks a bit 'unfinished' , but as mentioned they are pricey for what they are and add a thick black bank around the window - which I don't think will look very nice inside my bus.
I guess there is no equivalent inner seal on a Devon.

Clem said:
NLA sell a grey inner seal, they don't fit as good as an og seal though. They are purely cosmetic.

The cost is due to it being such a low production item to have made I would guess.

I think original only 68 and 69 buses had them as standard ... hence the shortage of og ones.

I bought a pair at a previous Vanfest, in a bag with a roof aperture trim and a load of Westy cabinet trim. I paid £5 :D
Hi Clem,

I saw a picture of NLA grey ones but they were still very dark - almost black (if it was the correct picture I was looking at).
I'm tempted to have a go at making some sort of trim to tidy that area up instead - but don't want it to look like a bodge, so may just buy some anyway.
That said I don't want to splash out £70 if I decide I don't like them in my bus.
I will have to keep my eye out for another bargain pair like yours :lol: (Not jealous at all of your 'lucky find'- just bought a roof aperture trim, and looking to replace a lot of my cabinet trim too !!! :) )

The colour is pretty close to original to be fair :D

Theres an ebay seller called notch something or other that does black ones

They fit but do require a bit adhesive to stick fully flush

Custom and Commercial sell them. I bought mine off them a few years ago and they are light grey but they look dark grey on their website now.

Latest posts