Marvin s here !!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nesquik

Reaction score
We are finally owners of an early bay :bliss: :bliss:
On Saturday we collected Marvin :alc:
utf-8BSU1BRzEwMTAuanBn_zps105b1143.jpg

We travelled from Kent to Harrogate on the train 5hrs later we arrived in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside :) we picked up Marvin from Dubtricks where he was having minor work and a mot. Our journey started late afternoon and with sat nav and wifi hotspots on our phones to allow the iPad to connect to web ( campsite app) we were sorted, fuelled up and ready to roll :party0053:
Being that its the middle of winter not many campsites are open so we found one that was on our homeward route and just as we turned off the main road and into non signposted roads our phones bleeped that " I'm running out of power bleep " we then realised that in all the excitement of getting Marvin and starting to LIVE THE DREAM we had forgot to plug chargers in n stuff !!!
No problem I said pulling over to the side of road, and started getting various chargers out of the travel bag and then realised the wasn't any cigarette lighter DOH there's a hole in the right side of steering wheel where maybe one was, but no form of 12v charge :evil:
During looking at Marvin I was too busy looking at other things to even think of asking " does it have a cigarette lighter " So we were a bit stuck as with no charge we had no sat nav, no phones and crucially no campsite app :( It then hit us not only did we have no technology we also didn't have a clue where we actually was. We didn't find the campsite and it took us a while before we found our route homeward. Our only way was to follow those brown signs indicating campsites only to find each time a locked gate :( it was getting a little bit annoying so our plan then was to drive as far home as my eyes and the weather would let us and if we hadn't found anything we would sleep on side of road or the services :cry:
After about 6 hrs driving we got to Huntington and it was around midnight we spotted another campsite sign and our decision was to follow it LAST CHANCE and to our surprise it was open, the warden was sleeping :( but luckily we saw a couple of people and they said to park up, hook up and pay in morning. COOL :D
Finally we had somewhere, a chance to have a brew and warm up !!! I drove over to a concrete standing unpacked lead and plugged in.... Nothing no electric we tried various switches in camper and on power point but alas nothing... Was it Marvin or did the warden have to switch the power on ??? We were both shattered and decided to call it a day and go to sleep.It was about -2 that night and yes it was cold but we both managed to sleep ( dressed in gear you would wear on a chilly day ) and we both survived without too much frostbite.. Lol.. I spoke to the warden the next day about the electric and he came over to check it out and said " you've connected to faulty number 5 it's been a bit temperamental recently " he then put it in the next connecter and we had power. DOH if only I had done this last night we could of charged phones, phoned love ones to say all was safe and what was going on and certainly warmer going to sleep.
So we had our 1st real brew nearly 20hrs after picking Marvin up !! But it sure tasted good :party0003:

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMDEuanBn_zpsaf386c13.jpg

So with the lack of power situation we have hardly any photos of our HARDCORE 1st camp out in Marvin but we have some great memories and the blue toes will have will always remind us of our first of many outings in Marvin
:beerchug:

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMDcuanBn_zpse98f2572.jpg

utf-8BdmlnbmV0dGVfNzBfNzkucG5n_zpsb3873dbb.png

Can't do the bloody photo thingy :evil:
Thought I had it sussed please don't post link to " how to do it " bit cos I've read it and AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Cheers thanks all
Gary n Lynn :mrgreen:

Marvin looks great Guys. Enjoy the fun times ahead. Glad to see another EB has found a loving home.

If all you have to complain about after that roadtrip was no cigarette lighter than you have done well.

To post the pics, go into your pbucket gallery, scroll the cursor over the picture and 4? tabs will appear underneath the image. Copy the ing code, from memory it's the 3rd one down the list. Paste that into your posts. Dead easy.

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMDEuanBn_zpsaf386c13.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwMDcuanBn_zpse98f2572.jpg

utf-8BdmlnbmV0dGVfNzBfNzkucG5n_zpsb3873dbb.png

You just doubled up on the img codes, photobucket automatically sticks them in. Nice bus, Have fun!

aspro said:
Marvin looks great Guys. Enjoy the fun times ahead. Glad to see another EB has found a loving home.

If all you have to complain about after that roadtrip was no cigarette lighter than you have done well.

To post the pics, go into your pbucket gallery, scroll the cursor over the picture and 4? tabs will appear underneath the image. Copy the ing code, from memory it's the 3rd one down the list. Paste that into your posts. Dead easy.

Yes finally worked it out NICE ONE ASPRO :party0053:

Right tomorrow I'll get more pics of Marv and start my resto thread !! :party0046:

Cheers again
Gary

Cool bus ..... :D cool trip :D

Creating memories already :msn4:

Chris

Sweet-As Bus!

And already got your first story :)

Enjoy your nice running bus, hoping to be there soon as well.

My bus will arrive on UK shores on Monday!! :)

Right tomorrow I'll get more pics of Marv and start my resto thread !! :party0046:

Cheers again
Gary[/quote]

Any news on further pic :sign0009: and the resto thread!!

Cool trip (littreally - lol ) :mrgreen:

Good looking bus you have there - be sure to try out parkfarmcamping.co.uk
Not too far from you and you can have fires mmmmmmm....... ;)

simo said:
Cool trip (littreally - lol ) :mrgreen:

Good looking bus you have there - be sure to try out parkfarmcamping.co.uk
Not too far from you and you can have fires mmmmmmm....... ;)

Nice 1 Simo thanks :rocknroll:

Great to see you had fun and braving the elements to..!! Enjoy...!! :D

Latest posts