Meet Bertha ( seriously the kids named her!! )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toxicbug66

Reaction score
So her she is. I have had her for a little under 12 months now and have had some great help from lots of people on here. I just need to get her finished so we can use her in the new year. Just need a little motivation....here hoping Santa brings a bucket full.

L1050295.jpg

She looked like this inside when we picked her up.
L1040816.jpg

L1040821.jpg

L1040819.jpg

L1040823.jpg

L1040820.jpg

L1040818.jpg

And now we have done this inside.
L1050495.jpg

L1050537.jpg

L1050536.jpg

L1050534.jpg

L1050532.jpg

I've swapped the dynamo for an 75amp alternator so we pack some punch for the leisure battery.

My brother inlay is an a upholsterer and insisted on doing the trimming. The run up to christmas is his busiest time of year so we haven't quite finished that but you get the general idea.

Just need to finish the outside off now, repaint the bumpers swap the pop top for something more useful for the kids. Looking at one of the O'conners conversions and then get it ready for its next MOT.

Oh and get the 71 Bug that my wife has decided to put back together, after swapping for the 66 that we had, on the road for next summer and rebuild the Discovery engine for a second time after someone cooked it, V8s are so much fun to work on......moan over!

Hope you like it and look forward to meeting you at some of the shows next year.

Richard

It's a US import thats been converted to righthand drive. Hence the crap pedal setup that you can see in one of the pictures and the right hand sliding door.

Essentially the guy I bought it off had a completely rotten UK bus and he got someone ( If I find him I will beat him with a shitty stick) to swap all the useable running gear to the US import shell. No rust but the guy that did the work missed simple little things that bug me. Like the pedal assembly. I'll get round to sorting it but just want to get using it next year more than anything.

Richard

Interior cabinetry courtesy of Scott and Dave down @ http://www.sjhjoinery.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Seat trimming by my brother in-law @ A Country Classic in Chester and is only the 3rd set of auto trimming he has done. He's very particular so we are still tweaking things to get it to look just right and be really useable, should be all done by the end of Jan next year all being well.

I have a set of small twin webber carbs to put on it but It runs so nicely with the single that I'm very tempted to leave well alone.

Richard

toxicbug66 said:
Interior cabinetry courtesy of Scott and Dave down @ http://www.sjhjoinery.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Richard

Excellent job on the cabinetry. Modern yet classy.

Wow, that is some nice interior!! Your pics are awesome too. I love the pic that show your yard threw the windows, really neat!! :D Oh, and good idea on the speaker in the headliner (wood panel). I may have to look into doing that too. I was wondering where to put some speakers. :D

Thanks for all the positive comments.Feeling inspired to get the little bits sorted over the Christmas period.
Will be filling out my Santa list on the JK site and passing it to the wife.

I think a nice set of their 17" Fuch replicas will look just right.

Just need to flog my 15" Gasburners. Ill post an add now me thinks.

Rallye Dale If you're passing through again PM me and drop in for a brew.

Richard

bcdc85a5-a673-4fab.jpg

So does this look completely crap?

Should I stick with my standard wheels?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.220068,-2.834188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get it down a bit more and get it level and i think the Gas Burners will look nice 8)

Latest posts