Moosick in a bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crammy69

Reaction score
Maybe it's cos it's my first air cooled motor, but is there any way of getting decent sounds in a van? It seems that the thing is just too damn noisy ( charming of course ) to bother spending too much time and effort on the stereo front? At the mo im using the exisitng radio/ cd at around town speeds but once on A roada and Mways i just turn it off and stick in my earplugs :lol:

What's everyone else done?

Hi there, have you had a trip in someone else`s van ?? Just to see if the noise level is different ?? It maybe different in van to van, but in mine I have a mono radio with a decent 9" speaker under the dash and it only has medium flavour and I can hear that perfectly well wherever we travel apart from when we loose the signal as we head down south. :roll:
My next plan of attack is to get me a wireless speaker utilising bluetooth from Mr Bose with the rechargeable bits on it so I can have moosick from another source (phone) and be able to plonk the speaker in and around my gazebo whilst entertaining. The sound quality of these little dudes is pretty awesome. Some peeps on here have been quite pleased with these little exciters I believe they is called.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,keep us up to speed with your progress mate :mrgreen:

I put NoiseKiller through out my bay as we was shouting at each other on the motorways and it was driving me crazy. NoiseKiller is bloody heavy but it work bloody well!
I also have Infinity 6x9 in the rear under the R&R bed they sound Excellent and some crappy speakers up front for the time being!!!!

I fitted pioneer head unit under the dash and a pair of Infinity 6x9's under the bed last week with no speakers in the cab yet. Can hear it ok at 60 and I don't have Noisekiller.

good pair of 6x9's in the front doors and a sub does me for now 8)

Cheers guys, I've got ans old blaupunkt active bass in the garage somewhere so might see if I can help with that, but I do like the Bluetooth idea a lot, gonna look into that and the noise killer stuff, I can see under the bed its just the metal so no insulation from engine a all :shock:

Dont get me wrong you still get engine noise with the Noise Killer, its not like a modern car and makes it really silent, but its nowhere near as loud as it was and i can hear the kids in the back now (dont know if thats a good or bad thing :lol: :lol: )...... it eliminates road noise really really well!

Hey Crammy 69,, If you is gonna look into them bluetooth Bose jobbies, would you ask them a couple of questions that I haven`t got round to doing yet :roll: Could you co phase a pair of them so you could leave one just inside the bus when camping and have one in the gazebo, and would we get a deal on two or three ^^^ if we bought them together ;)
I saw a little experiment with various bluetooth speakers on the gadget show I believe it was, all the other speakers beat the Bose hands down for operational distance from the source / head unit as the Bose went about twenty or thirty feet and some of the others went over a hundred feet away :eek: BUT,,,,,,, the sound quality of the Bose left everything else miles and miles behind ;) and I think that`s what we is looking for :mrgreen:
Do you have any sound deadening on your panels ? like Dynamat or such like. I don`t have any just yet and all I have in the back is a Westy bed (wooden base) and the foam for it,,,,, oh and a cool box for Stella :lol: But my noise ain`t too bad, but when the bed is out,,,,,,, then it`s fairly dreadfull :evil: But that`s when I`m off up the tip or such like. Maybe experiment with a load of old sponge sofa cushions all cut up and crammed under the bed, just to see if there is a major difference,, if there is, then a little insulation and sound deadening may be in order first off. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, I know they ain`t cheap though :mrgreen:

I've got some SilentMat & Foam over my engine bay and up the C pillars (think about it, single metal thick and a whole lot of noise to come through!) and then a Sony Tune-Tray headunit with JBL components, bassy bits in the kickboards, tweeters on the top of the dash and some cheap and cheerful 6x9's under the bed and it sounds awesome.

I'd love to have a listen to someone elses bus 'engine noise' to compare to mine, I'm not sure with it being diesel it'll be doing much good!

Before you go cutting your interior to fit speakers in it, I have used sound exciters to good effect in my Westy.

There is a thread on here detailing a few people's results, well worth a look and not a hole drilled or cut in sight. If you are local to Milton Keynes you welcome to have a look/listen to my setup.

Latest posts