MOT passed+change of wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIEMAN

Reaction score
Passed MOT :D
Cookie cutters on :D
Bring on the party season......
2012April003.jpg

2012April008.jpg

2012April002.jpg

Harlequin said:
have you used the stock wheel nuts for the cookie cutters ?

Was thinking the same, aren't they a different seat?

EDIT: were these the set redrilled for 5x112?

Also where did you get the centre caps from? need some to clear my rear hub nuts.

Yeah used the stock wheel nuts.
Is that a problem ?
These were the redrilled set to 5x112
Got them off Wixie on here
Centre caps came with the wheels

PIEMAN said:
Yeah used the stock wheel nuts.
Is that a problem ?
These were the redrilled set to 5x112
Got them off Wixie on here
Centre caps came with the wheels
First, the thickness of the alloy wheel compared to a stock steel probably does not leave enough thread for the stock nut, (check how many turns of the nut it takes to tight point)
Second ...had a look at the pics of the wheels in the for sale ad. & it does not look like the round edge profile of the stock nut face.
The picture of the wheels when on Wixies bus are not stock nuts & look like porsche nuts or something similar
If they are not the correct nuts, they will come loose & your wheels will fall off.

What ever you do don't be tempted to over tighten the standard nuts. In the past I've tried to take off my wheels to work on the brakes and the tyre company that had fitted my tyres had used an air tool to refit the wheels set too tight. At first I couldn't budge them. Then the nut came off but left the conical face of the nut tight up against the wheel! I had to use an angle grinder to cut three of them off. This didn't leave my wheels looking very nice after.

Oh heck !
If Wixie is reading this can ya tell me what wheel nuts ya used for the cookie cutters.
Bit concerned now :shock:
Anyone know what nuts i should be using ??
Help :(

PIEMAN said:
Oh heck !
If Wixie is reading this can ya tell me what wheel nuts ya used for the cookie cutters.
Bit concerned now :shock:
Anyone know what nuts i should be using ??
Help :(
Coming in the post mate!! ASAP

Latest posts