MOT Today ........................... FAIL :-(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazza1975

Reaction score
Well Today I braved the mot and even though it failed I came away happy!!

After nearly 14 months of a driveway resto with cutting, welding, re wireing, engine re furb the main thing I didn't touch as they looked ok were the track rod ends and guess what she failed on :?: The f in track rod ends :lol: :evil: :lol: oh, and imbalanced front brakes!!

Reasons for refusal

001, drag link end ball joint has excessive play
002, steering locking device missing (split pin in drag link bolt)
003, offside outer track rod end excessive play
004, offside inner track rod end excessive play
005, nearside inner track rod end excessive play
006, steering pivot point has excessive play
007, front brakes imbalanced

Not to bad if you ask me!!!! The garage even let me watch/do the mot with him and marked up and explained the reasons for the fail!!

Might be expensive at £54.85 for the mot but very nice bunch of lads! all asking, looking around the bus!

One of the lads even has a crossover and was looking around her for ideas!!

Next job is parts to order and back under the bus at the weekend!

That's damn near a result, good stuff. Next time... Bingo! A year of vw fun :D

I'd be chuffed with that - I was chuffed when mine passed and I've had far less influence over its current state

Is it unusual for a garage to let you walk around with the tester? I've always done it, thought it was normal :msn4: Its the only time I get to have a proper look underneath without bits of shite falling in my eyes

I'd say that was a good result really.. all easily fixedand shouldn't break the bank either! Well done fella, a full VW season awaits you my friend! :D

So just got back from testers and i now have a broken down van!

The bloody thing wouldn't start on the ramp :oops: :(

Luckily this was after they handed me a bit of paper saying ....... PASSED

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm so happy!!!

Next problem is the van is now 'hot starting' ? basicaly batterys fully charged but wont turn over!!

Not to worry as i cn now register it with the DVLA!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done on the pass ;)
- the not starting part is just a minor hiccup :lol:

Congratulations on the pass! 8)

My hot starting issues were fixed by replacing the original starter motor with a nice fresh new one!

Never had an issue since 8)

Latest posts