My 1972 Viking Bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lang

Reaction score
Hi all, finally sorted out my pictures. Will post more in a couple of weeks when the new wheels are on & its lowered.
DSCN1191-1.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

Thanks for comments.
Rustydiver you say Vikings Rock, well mine does in the wind, its like a bloody sail :shock:
It's got to go :D

No :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you got children it sleeps them no probs. If not lots of storage space.

Its a pig to drive when windy, less MPG with that brick on top, looks ugly,

But i would'nt have it any other way. :D

That's what I like about VW's & the people that drive them - they're all mad :D :D :D :D :D

Just got the bus lowered & had a new steering box & shocks fitted at T2d. Also fitted some 2nd hand empi 5 spokes (this will never be a show bus). Tyres are 175/55/15 at the front & 165/15 at the rear, as advised by T2d.
It's not radical but drives really well, no knocking & speed humps are not a big problem. Spare wheel to come off next and a large VW badge to be added.
DSCN1234.jpg

DSCN1235.jpg

Not exactly sure how they do it but they cut/adjust & weld up your original beam without even taking it off :shock: Told them it will be used for carting kids around & camping & let them decide how far they could drop it without ruining the ride. Done an excellent job, well pleased :D They do it as a one day service although mine was in for longer because of problems with my steering box :cry:

Looks good - cut & shut - not too keen on that method as you can't adjust the height - are you sure that that is what they did - thought they would have
used adjusters........... :shock:

Definately the cut & shut method, no adjusters involved at all :shock:
Don't really see the need to adjust once its lowered & Paul at T2d certainly knows his stuff.
Now I've done a couple of hundred miles its settled itself in & dropped just a tad more :D

Lang said:
Definately the cut & shut method, no adjusters involved at all :shock:
Don't really see the need to adjust once its lowered & Paul at T2d certainly knows his stuff.
Now I've done a couple of hundred miles its settled itself in & dropped just a tad more :D
Think our buses are twins :shock: :lol: