My 2nd in life `69 Early Bay Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At long last :D Thanks Johnny :lol: I now have the pleasure of the un vale of my `69 Westy :lol:
He is far from done and needs lots of TLC :cry: This Bay was given to me by my best VW friend {Richard} aka { DickO}, the day before his Wwedding ,now 5 years past.That day{in Oct `03} he is showing me the Bay and asks "what I thought about it?"Knowing that my first Westy was a `69 & that I had always been saying "Some Day." :roll: I said "It has a lot of potential and a lot of TLC was needed , but the interior was in great shape. He {DickO}then hands me the keys and says "It's yours." and something about how it is "the customto give the Best Man , a gift before the wedding." This past Oct. was the first time I was able to camp in "Jolly"the Bay {as in Roger}. This was also Lori & Ricdards 5th wedding anniversary / camp out . They had a Renaissance theamed wedding and this year for All Hallows Bus ( a Halloween theamed 3 day camp out) some of the guest wore Renaissance costumes. A wondefull time was had by all :lol: 8) As you can see the inside is clean & even though the canvas is torn the comfort level was good , with the warmer weather in Clover,South Carolina .
The photo captions kinda say it all and I have said way too much :oops: :oops: :roll: I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy this EB site :D 8) Love seeing all the great projects and the porgress as y'all "Getter Done" :lol:
So enjoy the pics. Have a Wonderfully Happy New Year :D :D

Many Thanks
Garry De
aka Chris Blingle
http://picasaweb.google.com/garrydespains/69WestyAtAllHallowsBus08#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OK a PSS You'll see why :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: 8) 8)
http://picasaweb.google.com/garrydespains/69WestyAtAllHallowsBus0802#5284466863981774018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wow 8)

DSCN1217.JPG

bloody hell, if gadget sees that he'll have them tissues out! :lol: :lol:

will look well cool though!

Gary

trying to crack your M plate

25 N = build date 25th november

518 = opening roof with reinforcement for westie poptop

21 = engine and gearbox code.. engine is B series 1600cc 35KW 47bhp . gearbox is CA

426 = 020..speedo in miles
089..laminated windscreen
511..padded dash and glove box
524..USA and Canada specs

D67.. SO67 Westfalia Campmobile with additinal tent.

507.. Opening 1/4 windows in cab doors.

517.. Factory preped for campmobile interior

UK.. USA (Reserve East)

2310.. (model code).= Kombi LHD sliding door right standard version

523907.. Paint Code = L87 pearl white Westfalia

9077265.. last bit of chassis number

hope this sheds some light

Jon

Thanks all. I know "Jolly" is a bit rough around the edges but as you can see the interior is in very good shape & all there :wink: One has got to start some where :wink: but not bad for FREE :D
I also have , in dry storage a '78 "Champagne Edition" {less motor but with good trains} :wink: . with a near rust free body , as in no rust thru :mrgreen: . After seeing some of the parts?panels available over there , I'm thinking of a re fit LOW LIGHT front panel & put the interior from '69er in the '78er :? What do you Vloks think about this :?: OBTW the '78 was born in the same month as I :wink: 8) Feb.. according to the door post sticker. Now I can use this "Cracked Code" from Jon , to help do the same on the '78er :) Is there a sight or link I can go to and check for this info :?:
Thanks Jon for cracking the code , on the M plate . I was wondering about the { U K } part . Thought perhaps it ment United Kingdom :roll: :oops: That's some good info though 8) Many thanks again :wink:

Later
Garry De

Latest posts