My 70 Westy..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny said:
lovely looking bus, the wear on the adjuster is bad, looks like its been slipping for a while. ECS still in business?

To be honest I thought that when I 1st received the beam but hadnt seen any to compare with. ECS still advertising on ebay. The guy promised to send me a new set of adjusters 3 times but he claimed they all must have been lost in the post! Still nothing recieved.

nice ill think ill go for the same. need to find a stock beam with or without adjusters now... sweet keep up the pics very intrested here

ps do you really want more adjusters from him..? i called him up a while back apprently the adjusters are from poland.. nothing against those guys buy the only other polish ones i saw were very cheap and qwite soft, needs to be hardened really.. maybe from same sourse

six said:
nice ill think ill go for the same. need to find a stock beam with or without adjusters now... sweet keep up the pics very intrested here

I have my original stock beam for sale without adjusters, I bought another stock beam with adjusters already fitted as I dont have the skill or tools to fit adjusters myself. If its any use to you? Will keep posting pics...I tend to forget to take any as im going along.

six said:
ps do you really want more adjusters from him..? i called him up a while back apprently the adjusters are from poland.. nothing against those guys buy the only other polish ones i saw were very cheap and qwite soft, needs to be hardened really.. maybe from same sourse

I dont really want anymore adjusters I just wanted to see if the guy kept his promise or not. :msn4:

hey fella,
Intrested in that beam for sure. a cali lhd beam has gotta be in good shape.. How much do you want for it? cheers

Thats the front done.... now to start with the back :D

Oh and wash all those greasty hand prints off :roll:

P1010549.jpg

that looks nice, is that as low as the the fron will go now?

Its about in the middle on the adjusters, I havent set it to where I want it as I have a set of BRMs to go on, have to decide on tyre sizes. The tyres that are on the stock rims are quite big. I Will play about with the height once the rear is done.

looks cool. kinda setup im going for.. plety of travel left to be usable and not eat ball joints!

Ok rear spring plates now fitted, bit of a faf as the original spring plated didnt have the notch cut out so had to remove brake pipes. Everything came apart pretty easily
but Creative failed to mention that I would need longer bolts for the plate cover so had to source some.

I was All excited to take the bus for a spin and it wouldnt start...doh!

Im not sure how many splines inner or outer that its down at the back as the torsion springs fell out :oops: I made sure they are even both sides tho. The spring plate grub screws are at half adjust... I think maybe I can drop it another outer spline on the rear then use the fine adjust.

Just waiting for the snow to melt now....

P1010653.jpg

P1010652.jpg

Rear spring plates now fitted, this is about the height I was looking for, changed the front tyres to 185/60/14 as the 185/14 looked like balloons on the front...kept the rears for better top end speed. Very pleased with the ride :D

Decided against the BRMs in the end

P1010699.jpg

P1010700.jpg

A couple of randoms...

P1010706.jpg

P1010704.jpg

P1010710.jpg

P1010709.jpg

Bwuttonmoon said:
I was looking through some old photos, came across a load of my old cars so thought Id share a few....

Bought for £80 yrs ago...those were the days I wonder if it still exists.

15-02-2010195903.jpg

Not looking good :(

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for GPK 438K are:

Date of Liability 01 02 1994
Date of First Registration 19 08 1971
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1600CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed