My 72 dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loxy

Reaction score
Finally got round to taking a few pics of my 72 dormobile

IMG_0727.jpg

Its in better condition than it looks, the PO had it resprayed but its all slowly peeling off revealing the perfectly good original paint.

IMG_0720.jpg

Its more or less rust free (99.9%), never welded :D

IMG_0711.jpg

Original engine with 49900 miles on it, will be upgraded soon with 36 drlas and a turbo thomas stainless header & turbo muffler. Note the cruise control mechanism on the left (the silver cylinder on edge of pic) and the manual choke conversion fitted by PO, cable goes all way to cab.

IMG_0738.jpg

Its got a bit much rake on it at the moment tho' :oops:

IMG_0701.jpg

You can just see the cruise control lever on the steering column and choke lever under the radio slot.

bus80sholiday.jpg

And heres one of the POs (and only other owner) daughters family on holiday in it sometime in the 80s.

Hey nice bus dude!

Great pics of your family there in the bus they look like the old catalogue pics 8) :D

Thanks easy, not my family though, they are pics from the original owners family! I'm not old enough to have had kids in the 80s :wink:

These are my kids sleeping in the back on the way home from our summer trip to Hungary :)

IMG_0421.jpg

Now thats a cool pic!

Vans are always the best place for kids to sleep, everybody I know, if they want there kid to sleep they go to the van and have a quick drive and the nippers are massive sleeps! works like a charm! :D

They are well used to sleeping in the back of campers, we did the Hungary trip in 99 in our old 78 devon, the kids were only 5, 3 and 1 then!!
We do get some strange looks when we roll upto a campsite and three kids and a german shorthaired pointer roll out, we are always being asked where do we manage to sleep everyone without an awning :)

Heres a pic of our other passenger:
scoob1.jpg

Surely hes saying, please don`t put me on the internet again?! :lol:

easy, what sites have you been visiting then :wink: :wink:
What you cant see is one of the kids behind me with a packet of biscuits, hes saying "If I can just get rid of this pillock with the silver shiny thing, then I can work on stealing me some quality ginger nuts...."

On a totally different topic, how low is your bus front & rear? and what method have you used?

I have dropped spindles on the front and an adjustable beam and just taken it down on the adjuster plates to the lowest setting on the back. I will be raising it up a spline on the back though as its a bit low and the exhaust nearly grounds out quite allot. Need to change it aswell because it looks a bit level in stance and I want a tiny bit of a rake to look lower at the front.

Cannot physically go any lower on the front as the wheels are so big (they are old wide 5 splitty wheels) got about an inch or 2 from tyre to arch on the front.

Would like the front lower with the same wheels, but need to have the arches tubbed for that little treat. :D

Latest posts