My Bus (Windsurfer)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, from Mega bug. £360 but if I send my old one back I get £100 rebate. :)

Hoping to go away for bank holiday (Croyde), you up for it? :mrgreen:

Is that NOS or recon?

confirm what they are filling the box with, they have been known to "pack" them with grease :? fills the indiscrepencies with the gear

Hypoid oil is an extreme pressure oil, due to the cut of the gears the oil is squeezed and forced out of the mesh, grease makes for an initial smooth impact but will increase the wear at a fast rate of knots, if it doesnt blow first.

Hey Araon,
That's for a recon, sounds a bit worrying. I did want a nos one but cannot seem to locate one. I shall contact Megabug, I have heard that they have mixed feedback :(

I just need the box asap so I can go camping :D

My box was from Maga Bug, it isn't as good as new but it is better than the one on there before. Mine is packed with grease and when I questioned this they said it was fine. It has been on for a year and 5000miles and is still ok........not great.....ok.

I'm sure there are people that will do a better job, but you box is completely shagged IMO and I'm not sure how easy it will be to recondition. Mega bug may be the quick and easy option but not necessarily the best. If you are not sure do some more homework and check out the other people offering this service.

I hope this helps.

Jon

Some more pics, not much changed, but there are a few differences. :mrgreen:
DSC01069.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

Looks hard as nails with a family friendly touch. fingers crossed that you can enjoy it for the next sunny weekend. 8)

Cheers Jon,
Just collected it from Ross after the top end engine rebuild, it drove like a dream. I'm super stoked :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed we shall go to Deva Dubs next weekend and actually CAMP in it :lol:

Took these pics on the way home tonight.
DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

Very nice. :mrgreen: Put that check book away and enjoy the summer now. :)

leon said:
Very nice. :mrgreen: Put that check book away and enjoy the summer now. :)
Can you ever put the cheque book away? :lol:
Congrats Si, might see you at deva, only going for the day though

looks hard as nails mate, just enjoy it now eh!

I have recently fitted chrome radars to mine too...man what a bitch they were to fit! had to grind f**k out of the hub nuts and roll the arches out a touch... worth it though :lol:

Si
Tis looking very good - think the over riders suit it as well :lol:

Jon, looks like your good work has paid off again, great to see the help everyone gives via this forum

With everyone else on this - enjoy the summer - catch you somewhere. We are going to Camp Bestival next month with the family so hoping for lots of fun, good music and al, and Camper Jam as well

Tiki-Al said:
looks hard as nails mate, just enjoy it now eh!

I have recently fitted chrome radars to mine too...man what a bitch they were to fit! had to grind f**k out of the hub nuts and roll the arches out a touch... worth it though :lol:

Tiki Al, cheers for the comments. We changes the Castle nuts to T25 ones to fit. Only knew this because Puppy from T2D told us! :lol:

Cotswoldiver, we're going to Camperjam so should finally meet. Can't wait ;)
I like overriders but have already bought my front deluxe bumper trim, lo :mrgreen: ve it

First time I have seen your bus mate , Looks really nice . Cant beat a slammed bus hey 8)
Suprised at £360 for a steering box i got one for £100 off a top bloke on here , Must get that on ,
Keep up the good work mate enjoy the summer ;)

Cheers Grazy,
I've heard all about your panel from Jon (Faux), can't wait to see it. Didn't pay that much for the steering box in the end. Got a recon from Volksheaven fo £180.
Sure we'll hook up at a show sometime. :mrgreen:

I got a thread in Gallery somewhere mate "Slammed Panel Van" chex it oooooot 8)

Latest posts