My Bus (Windsurfer)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windsurfer

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my 69 Westy, it is OG in every way. No welding and lovely original paint.

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

resize_image_1704950181.jpg

Just fitting a 4" narrowed beam with CSP brake discs.
It's coming on, I'd like to say that it's all my own work but I have to thank Faux, he's done everything! Cheers Dude.

DSC00921.jpg

I love this picture, mine in front and Jon (Faux's) behind. Mine should be pretty much the same ride height by next weekend.

After the Slam job:
DSC00953.jpg

windsurfer said:
DSC00921.jpg

I love this picture, mine in front and Jon (Faux's) behind. Mine should be pretty much the same ride height by next weekend.

I love this picture! My bus looks like the naughty little brother in the background........ :evil:

Work will resume on Tuesday:
Adjustable springplates
Wheels

faux said:
windsurfer said:
DSC00921.jpg

I love this picture! My bus looks like the naughty little brother in the background........ :evil:

True, true, leading my Bus astray! LOL Next thing it'll be cruising for chicks and smoking a big spliff.

Hey Windsurfer Lovin your bus, Tell me in the first pic is that a "long board", just getting my 10 year old into skateboarding and had a go on his yesterday and reminded me how much I used to enjoy it. Thought I would get myself one and wondered if a long board was the way to go as i'm not gona be doin tricks on it ?? or will I just be making a twat of myself?? 8)

Hi Windsurfer,
Nice looking bus. Look forward to seeing progress. Could I ask a favour?
I'm looking to put a ply headliner in my bus - yours looks original. When you've got a chance could you put a close up picture of the whole front edge on this thread 'ply headliner help - request for advice and photos please...' for me, its in the technical section?, so I can see how its secured, if at all. Are the mirror and sun visors secured throught the ply?

Thanks in anticipation. Nigel

SteveGTU said:
Hey Windsurfer Lovin your bus, Tell me in the first pic is that a "long board", just getting my 10 year old into skateboarding and had a go on his yesterday and reminded me how much I used to enjoy it. Thought I would get myself one and wondered if a long board was the way to go as i'm not gona be doin tricks on it ?? or will I just be making a twat of myself?? 8)

Cheers guys :mrgreen:

Hey Steve,
It is a Longboard (Mindless is the brand). It's definately the way to go if you're not into tricks, it gives you the carving sensation of Surfing (well ish). They're a lot of fun, you fall off less and it's nice to just cruise around. They also look cool on top of a bus.

Nigel, no problem, I'll get some pics. It's at my mates at the moment but once it's back, I will take loads.

Si :mrgreen:

Good to see it coming together - great starting point and I love the big brother little brother shots.

Hope to see you at the weekend, but all of a sudden after being no problem back and forth to St Albans yesterday my westy has decided not to turn over last night and I am hoping the red glow on the generator warning light is just a poor earth not a alternator failure as I'm running out of time to sort before Oswestry

Cheers Adam, I love how it looks. Can't wait for the shows now.

David (Cotswoldiver), sorry to hear about your bus, really hope you make it. ;) Fingers crossed. :mrgreen:

Some more pics:
DSC00951.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

This is mine and Jon's (Faux) post slam job, they look sweet!

I'd like to let everyone on the forum know that my bus looks so cool because of Jon Moody. He spent hours of sweat, tears (not too may) and determination to sort my Bus. He is without doubt one of the soundest guys out there (and a skater too). So thanks Dude!

Roll on the shows, the first Beer's on me................... :mrgreen:

Hi!

OMG, that's a transformation! Looking real good. Think i had better start saving, :cry: mine is the same as yours was pre mods, hmmm.........

Both of those look hard as......

Alistair

Latest posts