My Dormy in the 14's!! :D

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Took the old girl up to Shakespeare County Raceway on Sunday for 'Gary's Picnic' as I race in the Outlaw Street Series.
The weather was ideal, dry, cold and very windy although it was a rare tailwind!! :D
After a few tweeks here and there and no wheel spinning as per usual, I recorded 4 PB's in my first 2 runs :D

Best:-

Reaction time - 0.14
60ft - 1.9
Terminal speed - 90mph
ET - 14.77

Not bad for an old Dormobile with original interior, pop-top, roofrack still attached and crap in cupboards lol. Even the glitterball got a mention from the commentators :lol:

Surprised myself to be honest as I thought early 15's were achieveable if i could get a good run but i'm over the moon to get into the 14's. Chuffed to have had the front wheels air born too :shock:
Possibly the fastest street driven Dormobile in the UK? I don't know but i'm very proud of her :D

Chris 8)

how the flippin eck...how did you manage that dude? - That's great for a fully laden old Dormy! well done,.next time empty the cupboards & go to the toilet before you take her up the strip & see what she'll do then :mrgreen:

How did i manage that?

Years of practise, money and man hours mainly! A few mods here and there too :lol:
The conditions were spot on too! A tailwind always helps!! Loads of people got PB's over the wkend.

maddog said:
How did i manage that?

Years of practise, money and man hours mainly! A few mods here and there too :lol:
The conditions were spot on too! A tailwind always helps!! Loads of people got PB's over the wkend.

And a 2.2 L engine with NOS always helps aye Maddog?!!? :lol:

Humphrey said:
maddog said:
How did i manage that?

And a 2.2 L engine with NOS always helps aye Maddog?!!? :lol:

deffo not a 1600!! :lol:

2.3 ;) with some laughing gas aye.......but it's not quite that simple. Alot of other things to take into concideration.

Yep I'm sure there is! I've seen a couple of your videos on youtube... awesome stuff!

Are you willing to spill the beans on your other gogo gear or is it all secret squirrel? I can understand if you want to keep it under your hat but I'm sure the boyz on here would love to hear what it takes to make a time like that! Gearbox, clutch assembly, tires, oil system, NOS setup... all the stuff your average motorhead lives for! Give us the skinny! :D

Great result dude 8)

0.3 seconds quicker than my Audi A8 4.2 with over 300 bhp :shock:

SO YOU REMEMBERED TO FILL THE NITROUS :lol: Holly wanted to race the beetle in the gamblers on monday(had her boyfriends brothers wedding on sunday)but we aint got a keel or prop :roll: still i managed to port intake manafolds to fit 044 heads .over 6mm of the one side :shock: took me 2 days minus granprix watching :msn4:

Couple of awesome shots..........

2ndwheelie.jpg

buswheelie.jpg

On road tyres, no slicks!

8)

thats my youngest marsheling on the start line ,our Dan ,will ask if he saw wheels up .thats a cracking launch.who was it said the tracks not as good as the pod --------fight :msn4: now if we can just get the beetle to do that :mrgreen:

Very cool indeed sir. You must be over the moon 8)

Do the cups rattle in the cupboard when it lands? :lol:

Latest posts