My early bay Dave!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple

Reaction score
Been using Jk for a while but found you guys whilst on there!!!
[/img]
new1009.jpg
new1008.jpg

[/img]
new1114.jpg

HELLO DAVE!!!! nice van dude the only van on here you can wash with a wire brush!!!!! 8)

Extremely cool van u have there! Bare metal finish, Stock wheels and all ... :) I was trying to see if the stance of ur van in the front is as high as mine. It seems to be. :) I suppose that is what they mean by stock height huh?

By the way, that sure looks like bullet holes in the rear end of the van ??!!

cheers
Brian Ong
Indonesia

Yeah... mines stock height as you say, would love to lower it though and narrow the beam, maybe next year as i really need to sort out the roof seals as leaks a bit in heavy rain :lol:

Hey i seen this bay one JK it looks stunning, love the finish on the bare metal panels, have you waxed it with any thing or laquered it???

Quality bus dude! welcome to the earlies!

I was gonna ask the same question, what did you use to seal it? (ankor wax etc ??) :?:

Dave is a rude dude! 8)

yeah it has about 2 litres of wax all over it, rust has formed in places though, although it has seemed to settled down now maybe because i have put enough on, i go over every now and then with another coat,
i am very please with the result, was looking for a look other than the tatty camper look and i think i have got it for under £100, i will do the roof next year then the poptop, i will have to paint that skirt bit silver and strip the very top as it seems to be metal... maybe aluminum, i would lose the top and find a complete roof but i have 2 bunks and the kids love them.
Dave the Bay at Fistral Newquay before the chemical peel looks nice from a distance in the sun, he says convincing himself he did the right thing!:D
davefistral.jpg
[/img]

Does the van live outside???

How long have you had it like this??

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am interested in the joys of Ankor wax!!! :shock: :lol:

Its been bare for about 2 months and i have every faith in the Ankor wax, its not as tacky as i was lead to believe [but its winter]
it comes off easy with gunk and its cheaper than a respray,when i first finished the front it looked great but its developing a patina thats looks aged now, check out the pics, before the first coat and the first coat of wax
The close up is the shine i got using 1500 wet and dry looked great but to do a whole van would take ages and he lives outside so i had to make a choice and as winter is here i wax it rather than keep polishing :D
P1010123.jpg

P1010150.jpg
[/img[/img]
P1010122.jpg
[/img]

NIIIICCEEE van Apple . nice to stand out from the rest eh ! think it would look cool a touch lower with a shiny new set of rims :D but thats easy for me to say as i aint gotta buy em !! anyway welcome and cool bus mate

Thats is indeed quality. I am thinking of doing things like the tinware like this, but not sure how it would age etc. Think I will have to experiment in the new year.

There is a great deal of cool effects that you could achieve with the wet and dry, so I may have to get on it.

Nice one dude! oh and get that bus on the floor and it will look sick! 8)

Yeah i want to get it as low as poss. you have given me an idea [easy] i might do the dashboard, now i could get that gleaming, 8)

Scampi said:
Would look sweet slammed.

Just one question. Why is it called Dave? :?

A grand question!

The dashboard would look rude if you remove the paint! get to it please. 8)

Looks wicked.

I saw a cool bay with a gut who has used the tailgate of a caddy for the dash. Looks smart as an ge had taken that back to bare metal.

May be on the cards for the bus.

My polo has got it's MOT today!

And I think I have just picked up a 73 bug :wink:

Nice work scampi. My friend has made his dash out of his street sign! you can still see the name slightly under the paint, looks ace! 8)

Latest posts