Door &window seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
T2 Moonraker
Hi,
I’ve recently bought my first T2 Bay (1978) and it is now stripped with lots of welding being finished off.

I need to replace cab door and window seals and JK are showing two different prices for sets.
Has anyone used the alternative set rather than the OEM? I know you only get what you pay for but with over £100 difference is it ok?
Dave

The best seals are the Vewib brand. Made in Germany. I bought one from Alan Schofileds a couple of years ago and its been ok. It's a pity that there is such a big price difference and I don't know about the cheaper seals, although the reviews look good on the JK site.

I’ve used Alan Schofields for quite a few parts.
I’ll start scanning the reviews.
Thanks

I have the Viewb ones. I got them around 8-9 years ago and they are still spot on.
If I recall correctly, the cheaper ones are not as thick, very supple and don't last long. Whether that is right or not, after spending ££££s on everything else, I didn't want any leaks through the doors or windows.

Another vote for Vewib one’s via Schofields. Don't forget to use the discount code if you buy from there 👍

I've had the Vewib ones fitted for around 10years and I think they will outlast me, but, they are pretty thick and water still gets in on one of mine and the door sits slightly proud when shut.......

Latest posts