My LHD 1972 VW Dormobile project (Canada) Update July 4

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know if on the left side of the van where the metal proapane door was added, was the power outlet and vents also added? i dont see those on other dormobiles. If not how do the other dormobiles hook up to power?

I also found another porsche phone dial and have mounted it on the front. looks great! pics to come

My van got towed into the shop as of last friday. I should get it back in a few weeks, lowered in the rear, running, stopping.
cant wait!

I went to the shop today to see progress on the van. The rear is lowered 2 splines, and had the spring plates notched. New brake's all around, new shocks, clutch and e-brake cables. New heater boxes etc. It should be ready tomorrow! i will take more pics when i get it home, stay tuned....

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

my black 1993 Passat 2.8

012-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

what is the offset of that monster teledial on the front. it surely wont go on. it looks like a deep dish et 15 off a one year only rear of a 944. looks the business tho

the front spare wheel and tire combo is not staying, i got it given to me and i am going to keep it on there untill i can find a 7" wide one. The wheel is an 8" rear which i am not running on the bus, but looks better for now than the old rusty steelie

does anyone know what dormobile model mine is? was there a few differant ones to choose from? ive seen some d 46's on this site, what does that mean. cheers

Awesome Dorma!

Mine has very few optional extras, and not even an icebox anymore. But I have learnt where my table should go - Cheers Loxy!! :wink:

Latest posts