My new baby!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valbarley

Reaction score
As it's mothers day weekend seemed only fitting to go and pick her up :)

I would just like to say sorry right from the start, I have no idea about mechanics, welding, and basic servicing, but am pretty sure it will have to be a very quick and dirty learning curve

This is the first bus I have ever had, first one I have drove. I just fell in love with this one and got her totally blind, being hopelessly clueless and not knowing anyone i could drag along. :? Thankfully she was great driving home today (Arundel to Coventry - 166 miles)

So here is Tillie

03887d4d.jpg

4857c9ca.jpg

751f1f31.jpg

Loads of pics and info here from the original advert

http://www.crocodileproductions.co.uk/tillie/description.html

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, just shift me round!

Val

i was all ready to post the apocolyptic " this is the end of your life as you know it" etc etc and instead i see a beauty...its still the end of your life as you know but in a less demanding way...enjoy :mrgreen:

:D very tidy looking bus you have got their. Dont worry you're in safe hands on here plenty to read and if you cant find help just post up and someone will be on to help.

There's a few of us on here from Coventry so if you ever need a hand or just someone to make a cuppa for and chat whilst pondering what to do next we will oblige :D

enjoy your bus its a new era

Nice nus, do love a RHD deven interior, think its the best combo.

Seen a few slammed high tops that look cool lately.

Welcome to the forum, and ask away with questions, we all like to help out.

That is a cracker, i would be very surprised if there was any hidden nasty's under that shiny paint

I do like that bus ,, and I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings,, but I think that bus is a boy bus and not a girl bus. I think you need to get underneath and check for sure :shock: He is a beauty though and looks in fantastic condition, but what you gonna call him ???? ;) Boy busses generally get home with no issues, it`s them girl busses that have a strop and break down on the first trip home :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Oh !!! And welcome :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I do like that bus ,, and I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings,, but I think that bus is a boy bus and not a girl bus. I think you need to get underneath and check for sure :shock: He is a beauty though and looks in fantastic condition, but what you gonna call him ???? ;) Boy busses generally get home with no issues, it`s them girl busses that have a strop and break down on the first trip home :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Oh !!! And welcome :mrgreen:

Much as I agree would rather have a boy bus, would be a bit wrong to rename her after 43 years..! So she will stay as Tillie, although I could try by deedpole and rename him 'Sooty' (number plate is SUT)

She might be one of them hermaphrodites, as she also managed to get me back home from Arundel ok!

Apart from a sticky accelerator revving through the roof when i got home, she was brilliant

Took her to Nottingham yesterday for an overnighter (another 66 mile each way and back today) so have had my first sleep in her as well. Electric hookup, gas, water pump etc all working ok - gas fire doesnt seem to be working but not that bothered. Still yet to drag the awning out from under the seat, so will just have to drag her out again next weekend (no hardship)

Only crap fault is the heater. I bloody froze driving

First sighting as I got off the train at Amberley to collect her

6e634226.jpg

And err....the beds aren't that big are they!

f45c39c2.jpg

Rexer said:
That is a cracker, i would be very surprised if there was any hidden nasty's under that shiny paint

Bit of rust on the interior round the window on the sliding door, but everything else looks good

Also has panels underneath to protect the bottom which impressed me! (doesn't take much obviously) Sure they are not there to hide anything nasty lurking... :shock:

Under the front mats is all solid as well

Latest posts