My new purchase

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinga

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking for an early/crossover for a few months and stumbled across this little gem..which I had to buy..

Oh.. I have tried to add the some photos as attachments but it is saying the photo size is too large as it is more than 2 MB :(

ahh..thanx thejinx..never saw that - the photos appear a bit small but you can click on them to enlarge them..

so here goes..

found this in Darlington--183 miles from me, but it was worth the drive!

71 deluxe from California - imported by FBI in 2009 - very clean bus - repainted in 2009/2010 but the guy I bought it off who has owned it since 2009.

Logbook says 2 owners - maybe the 1 owner in the US is a default when a bus is imported, or maybe it did have just 1 owner in the US?

No welding or bodywork has been done as far as i am aware - the paint job was just a refresh - still looking mint after 9 years.

Westfalia Campmobile with retrimmed seats & rear to match - very original & everything works. Got the service history & diagnostic documents from new. Still got the original lino down on the floor.

1700 type 4 which runs like a sewing machine, on original rebuilt carbs but with electronic ignition.

Drives like new with empi shifter.

It has been lowered slightly at the front on adjusters.

I always lower my buses and put some alloys on, but not sure that would be doing the right thing by the bus, so my plans as it stands are whitewall tyres (just ordered some off ebay :) ), deluxe trim & some baby moons.

Sorry - using postimage but doesn;t seem to like me putting more than 1 photo in any 1 post!

Looks lovely - if you download the Tapatalk app on your phone you can download pics easily then. Even setting how large they are. Easy to use too

Latest posts