My VW Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tompedley

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just after some pieces of advice about how to finish off my camper restoration project. Its a 1970 early bay, My Mechanical work was completed by Midland Early Bay who did a fantastic job and managed to get my Camper through its MOT with only a few hiccups.

I'm now at the stage of putting an interior into the bus. I've bought some interior panels to fit into it so will get those put in and have the flooring sorted. An issue I have is the area above where the panels will be around the windows is in a pretty rusty state. Would a solid short term solution be to fit carpet around it? I'm aware in the long term it needs to be treated and resprayed but was after some advice on a good way to cover it up in the short term.

Also can I carpet the roof as a short term solution obviously looking to fit a good headliner in the longer term? I need the bus to look clean for an event in a couple of weeks so need some short term solutions to make my van look tidy inside.

Hello mate,, firstly get the rust out or you`ll have a job sticking anything down. End of lecture :lol: . Some of the T4 T5 boys are useing a material that looks a bit like carpet with strands all over , but it`s stretchable to get around weird shapes, might be just the ticket for a temporary thing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Possibly contact a trimmer

Latest posts