Front badge hole location, measurements?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 422

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to drill the 4 holes to mount the VW badge on the nose of my '71, some PO fillered over them... :?
Is there any chance someone could measure on their van and let me know where I need to drill?

Thanks, Matty :)

frontbadgeposition-1.jpg

Hows that ;)

crede999 said:
i tip my cap to you ;) great pic

chris

Agreed - :)

This is easier than looking for signs of the original holes on the back of the panel from inside the vehicle.

This is a pretty old thread, but rather than start a new one, i was just wanting to check the accuracy of these Early Bay Nose badge hole position measurements.

I now have a white NOS VW badge i want to fit on our bus instead of the present repro stainless item fitted too low, like a late bay, but the PO welded the holes up.

Aside from the great photo shared above i have seen mention of the top two holes being 71mm beneath the grilles lower edge.
2-11/16" pictured is 68.26mm so this 3mm adrift makes me question what is really correct.

Can anyone help with the dims taken from their OG badges, even measurement from grilles lower edge to badges top quadrant/peak, or centre point will get me started.

Then i need a brave moment to drill through the welded up holes assuming i hit them correctly.

Appreciate any pointers or advice beforehand to minimise the chances of messing it up.

Andrew

Latest posts