Need a decent welder in derby

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadders

Reaction score
Taken the advice of people on here and decided solid and rustic is the way forward, so first proper job of the winter is welding.

I need a battery tray and passenger floor - and maybe more ... I know of usual suspects in and around derby, absolute vw and Johnson autoworks, but presume they will be top price?

Spoke to a chap with a late bay gipsy while away camping at the weekend, who suggested a chap off moss street, but said I need to 'watch him' - bit worried hat i won't be able to spot a crap job, so guess I'll have to pay to be sure - anyone local know of anyone decent who it would be worth tapping up?

Cheers in advance

Jc welding at absolute can work to a price so you can have done what you can afford an jeff does a really good job

Rob

Cheers, that's worth knowing - not averse to paying for a good job, just want to get it done properly.

Hadders said:
Cheers, that's worth knowing - not averse to paying for a good job, just want to get it done properly.

Well worth goin to see them have a chat an see what work jeff is doin you wanna see this barndoor he's building it's unreal an a late that he's almost rebuilt too

Also Slamwerks do good work an worth goin to see

Rob

If you can get your bus to Downham Market, I fully recommend Jason at Dubs and Classics.

http://www.dubsandclassics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a look on my project thread if you want to see some of his work, but he is excellent and very conscientious - he will make sure it is done right and will discuss your best options if your budget is tight.

Excellent after-sales too :D

thanks for the info - didn't realise that slamwerks did welding, thought it was just the obvious. Guess the biggest issue is that i'll walk out having spent a couple of grand more on dropping the bus as well :msn4:

i'm hoping that i can do this in stages, so a trip to norfolk is probably a bit too far at this stage - although a part of me thinks that as soon as i start meddling, it will never stop and it'll be off the road for a couple of years. we'll see :mrgreen:

Hey Man

Pop down the workshop for a cuppa and we will have a look at the work you need doing for you. You can take a look at our other welding work thats in at the moment while your at it.

We are in the city centre on robert street check our web site out for a map.

Cheers

Sounds like a plan - i'm only 10 minutes away, but its the offer of a brew that's done the trick really

I'll be over soon, cheers

Latest posts