New bling aint my thing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspro

Reaction score
Trying to decide whether or not I actually like the new additions to my pickup. Foglights were already there but I've added a few touches of my own which I personally think look shit.

Would love some honest feedback to confirm or debate please. You're probably going to see a for sale thread soon for the bits I've added.

First off some 356 style headlight grilles. These are handmade stainless steel and you can't get them for bays. I thought they would make a nice additon but........ I'll let you all decide.

IMG_6911.JPG

White NOS Hella commercial mirrors. Again not quite right.

IMG_6912.jpg

Deluxe front grille surround. Well it's ok. Might let this one stay.

IMG_6916.JPG

New Hoops and bows from Stuart at old crow are the only welcome additon at this stage.

IMG_6913.JPG

Agree with you all. Harry the wheels are definitely on their way out. Got some 15" steels waiting to go on next week when it gets lowered of course.

Grill surround looks terrible! Wanna sell it? :mrgreen: :p

In all honesty the grill surround is the only addition I like. :|

I would loose the Headlamp Grilles , and the spot lamps to be honest , See then how it looks , I kind of like the mirrors

Grazy said:
I would loose the Headlamp Grilles , and the spot lamps to be honest , See then how it looks , I kind of like the mirrors

With you on the mirrors, i like them,like the fogs, good news about the wheels, the jury's out on the lights I kinda like them but there so different, maybe that's a good thing. Not a lover of the grill chrome. But hey do you really care what w think it's a great looking pickup. :D

RichardAlexander said:
Grazy said:

With you on the mirrors, i like them,like the fogs, good news about the wheels, the jury's out on the lights I kinda like them but there so different, maybe that's a good thing. Not a lover of the grill chrome. But hey do you really care what w think it's a great looking pickup. :D

:lol: :lol: Well, maybe a little. I did say it looked shit from the word go. Stripping everything off it tomorrow. Had to give it all a go. It's been sitting in my cupboard for almost 3 months. For sale post coming up.

I going against the tide here but I think the headlamp grills have potential. I think the yellow has to go and they need spinning round 90degrees. The lines would then marry with the real grill and they would look more subtle. Might work....

I also like baby fuch wheels, but alloys on stock height always looks a bit "late bay" to me. Sorry.

No to the white mirrors. Yes to deluxe grill trim.

Beautiful SC Mr Aspro. Keep it simple!

Spot on Mister. Unfortunately the grilles can't be spun and I don't think you can do much to make them look less crap then they are.

I can confirm again they wheels and ride height are not by choice and the product of the PO. On their way out this week. Can't wait.

myvanway 69 said:
I would wait till it is brought down before you decide.... 8)

I was just about to post the very same thing. Once it's down it will be simple :D
Looking forward to seeing your method!

love the flush hoops, always a fan of that look, and as above, your truck do what you want , but less is sometimes more. wheels and drop finished IMO that is.
jth

loose the spots and the grills?

up to you , schools out on the mirrors

Thanks for all the feedback gents. You all just confirmed what I was thinking. Going to strip it back, get it nice and low and leave it at that for now.

Latest posts