New Bus.. :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEXTER

Reaction score
I won't have this in my yard 'til at least tomorrow. I was there to see it today but forgot to write down the serial. Not sure of the year or much else either for that matter. I was quoted $250 for a new windshield for my 71 westy.. just could not justify it. So, we got a donor bus with a good shield for $50 more Canadian dollars. I'm sure one of you could tell me the year... Wondering if the steering column from this one would work in my 71.. :/ -- either way, we got our moneys worth. What do ya think?

2009_07120199.jpg

2009_07120200.jpg

2009_07120204.jpg

2009_07120203.jpg

2009_07120214.jpg

looks great - cant help with your qestions im afraid -but i never realised dormobiles were exported - thought they were just a UK market conversion -= have never seen a LHD dormobile! would have thought they must be fairly rare over in canada!

richbaker78 said:
looks great - cant help with your qestions im afraid -but i never realised dormobiles were exported - thought they were just a UK market conversion -= have never seen a LHD dormobile! would have thought they must be fairly rare over in canada!

Seen a couple of LHD dormobiles on theSamba & iirc theres a red canadian one on here as well (with teledials?) - I believe there is a guy on theSamba looking for a dormobile roof if you are going to part it out ;)

I actually was planning on selling the roof so thanks for the advice! I will have to join up. Could you possibly send me a link or give me his user name?

Nice buy for the money :D

Are you going to part it out? I'm sure there'll be plenty of folk wanting bits.....

This guy here is looking for dormy parts:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=731306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if the bay & split roof is the same though - perhaps he will know?
Thought there was a guy wanting a bay one as well - will look again.

The dormobile roof seems to be pretty popular in the US as its rare (even rarer with a full dormobile interior) more common than a full on dormobile is a westy supplied with a special order dormobile roof ;)
The roof is mounted further back on a westy/dormy.

It arrived today. We named it Frederick-Thomas.

Thank you Loxy. I will be sure to contact buddy.

Yes it is getting parted out.. sadly. I'm sure I will make a post here eventually seeing if you folks are looking for some things I do not need. We are going to use what is left as a fence/greenhouse. :) Nosey neighbors in Suburbia. haha

I've tried running the m-plate on a couple of sites but I am just not the best with this stuff. I'm still not even certain of the year.

02 126 215
474751 D26 026 061 191
06 1 7515 EP 2310 21

This is more or less it:
02 126 215 - Its a 70 model year & Chassis number
502 - hardboard side interior panels in cargo compartment
474751 neptune blue body & roof, Dark Beige interior,
D26 group code for - 020(Speedo & ODO in MPH), 089(Laminated Windscreen), 102(Rear Window Heating), 206(Inner rear view mirror - Anti-dazzle), 511(Padded Dash &Lid), 524(USA&Can Spec), 525(Seatbelts for USA&Can)
026 - Activated carbon canister for fuel vapour
061- Type labelling of seat mounting and ID plate for England & Ireland
191 - outer & centre underfloor plates
06 1 - 3rd feb 1970
7515 - production planning code
EP - United Kingdom, Ramsgate (Tourists)
2310 - Type 2, Kombi, LHD, Standard Version
21 - 1600 4 Speed manual

I feel like I owe you money. hahaa Thank you thank you thank you. That is much clearer.

Any idea if the steering column will fit in my 71 westy?

DEXTER said:
Looks like it's going to fit. SCORE! Windshield in the westy on Thurs.. road legal friday?!??~? Maybe!! Fingers crossed.

You havent got time for that - you are supposed to be posting me money :lol: :lol: :lol:

DEXTER said:
Yes it is getting parted out.. sadly. I'm sure I will make a post here eventually seeing if you folks are looking for some things I do not need.

:msn4: Are the heater control levers from the dash available???

I will let you know as soon as I know. Others can post what they need also and I will just refer back to this post when we are done picking at it. Sound good?

No problem dude.

The old beast's arrival...

2009_07130001.jpg

Pity I could never possibly afford to bring this one back. It was road legal in '04.. urgg..

2009_07130005.jpg

popcorn balls said:
DEXTER said:
Yes it is getting parted out.. sadly. I'm sure I will make a post here eventually seeing if you folks are looking for some things I do not need.

:msn4: Are the heater control levers from the dash available???

Do you need the entire mechanism or just the levers?

Latest posts