New Headlining - Any Recomendations ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stueyd1975

Reaction score
Looking have the headlining re-done in my van, anyone used a good company to do this ?

Thanks

I had 2 done in the last couple of years, 1 at Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers, 1 at Spirit of the Fifties.

Bromsgrove would be my choice out of the 2, but book in as early as possible.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In my last bay ( panel van ) I had a new headliner fitted. I think it was one of the best jobs I've ever seen!
Classic core in norwich
Good price too !

I'm having the same problem. I have had a few excuses from fitters whom I sensed did not want to do it, as it's too challenging. On Wednesday two guys came round to see the bus - not heard from them since, even though they fit out T5's!

Anyone know of a good headline fitter in Bournemouth /Dorset? I have a Wolfsburg West headliner and Bromsgrove will not fit it as it's not theirs :cry:

Its made by TMI I believe, sold by VWest.

LV

Marriedblonde said:
I am going to give these people a shout based in bournemouth.

http://www.totallytrimmed.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent shout. I'll give them a tinkle too :D

Lordain Volley said:
Marriedblonde said:

Excellent shout. I'll give them a tinkle too :D

Ok, just spoke to Katie who fits these headliners, she said its a 4 day job if all the pillars are done etc, and she's quoted £400-500 for a sunroof, all bows and headliner will be provided by myself.

This seems a little expensive, or is it?

LV

Sounds fair to me,

I paid £450 to have one fitted a few years back now and TBH wasn't that impressed with the job, In hindsight I'd have paid Bernard Newbury to make and install one for £1000 - £1200 rather than buying one for £450 and paying £450 to have it installed and still not being happy.

http://www.bernardnewbury.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is the best in the business!

It took me a full day on my own without any experience so 4 days for a professional sounds a bit odd to me.
That was without taking the windows out and putting them back in.

Resto-raider said:
It took me a full day on my own without any experience so 4 days for a professional sounds a bit odd to me.
That was without taking the windows out and putting them back in.

Yes, I tend to agree. I think by saying it takes 4 days it's a way possibly of justifying the cost of fitting. I asked her if she had ever done a sunroof before, she replied "I've done all sorts", and was a bit vague on fitting an actual sunroof bus , which sounds ominous. Maybe she's good, but not good enough for the standard I have in mind. Having said that, I think I'll pay her a visit. I think her husband imports buses for a living. :msn4:

Marriedblonde said:

I have just been quoted £700 in an e-mail from this company and they want the bus for a week. When I spoke to her by phone she said £4-500 (I am supplying the TMI headliner). :shock:

The time to fit a sunroof headliner has now gone from 4-5 days to 7 days. Maybe she works from the pre-Gregorian calendar, or some kind of "bus calendar" which I'm unaware of? :shock:

LV

Budget ran out a while ago so i did this myself, got off ebay.

MisterListerSir said:
Sorted out my horrible knackered roof, trimmed the holes first then covered them over with thick motocross stickers that were surplus to requirement and used the spray glue and material off ebay, not a pro job or original headlining but it looks neater and was cheap and easy to do.
before and after shots

All ties together when closed.

Latest posts