New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello people, Just thought i'd say hi, as you might tell from my name i own Mini's but i've decided to come across to the dark side :lol: and get a camper :msn4: I dont currently own a bay but i'm after a tax exempt microbus or camper.

I have about £5000 to spend but might go a little higher for the right one. If anyone can point me in the direction of one or a place where i might find one i would be most appreciative, i've exhausted everywhere i can think of :shock:

I'm sure i'll be hanging around for a while as there is bound to be stuff i'll need to know :?

Peace for now

Richard

welcome rich, check out the forsale section or ask around in there, several traders spring to mind they have banner ads above the topics, just refresh the page to change banner

Johnny said:
welcome rich, check out the forsale section or ask around in there, several traders spring to mind they have banner ads above the topics, just refresh the page to change banner

Thanks, i'll try that:D

Hi All
I've just bought an early bay dormobile project after searching for one for three years; they are a bit thin on the ground up here in Shetland, so every family holiday south has turned into a scrapyard recce. I finally found a 68 dormobile project hidden in the back of a barn about 10 miles from home; she gets delivered in three days and I can't wait to get stuck in to the restoration.
I rescued a late bay from a scrappy in 1994, and eventully used it as emigration transport to Gibraltar later that year. I miss that old bus.
If there are any other bay window drivers reading who are based in Shetland, get in touch!
Nick

Hi
I have just joined, I have a 72 crewie :D and a 73 Auto Camper :( , I hope you dont hold that against me

:msn4: Don't worry PYE I too drive a '73 Westy at the moment as my '71 project bus is not moving along as I tought. Lets lay low :mrgreen: Welcome to the site.

Hi all!
As I posted elsewhere I'm a long-time-lurker of EarlyBay.com. I was a Beetle man for years until the kids came along - now after what seems like an eternity I've persuaded the good lady wife that an EarlyBay Camper is the way to go.

After visiting a few shows she's more excited than I am about buying one, and after reading threads like the Dubs at the Castle thread, we can't wait to buy a van and join the fun!

Hi everyone,

My name is Ruud and I'm from Holland.
Currently I'm owning a '69 westy which I drove last year to France, Swiss and Italy.
The westy is now in Resto. I'll start a resto topic later on.
For now I'm off, looking at the tech topics.

Ruud

Hey volks,
My name is Chris from the States. Here is a picrure of my 71 Westy

3627593899_cd4be80f7a.jpg

I'll add more pictures in the gallery section

Hi guys,

My name is Endre, i live in Norway and I just picked up my first early bay yesterday :D
I thought it would be a good idea to register here, as I am quite new to the whole bay thing and will definitely be in need of good advise from time to time. (altough my first car was a 77' doublecab - but that was some time ago ;) ).

My new car is a 1969 panelvan (pics from the pickup yesterday);

26072009062.jpg

26072009063.jpg

The plan is to do an easy resto during the winter, put a new engine in and have some fun with it!

Thanks for looking :D

Endre

canterburyfour said:
Hey volks,
My name is Chris from the States. Here is a picrure of my 71 Westy

3627593899_cd4be80f7a.jpg

I'll add more pictures in the gallery section

This is one gnarly looking hitop......welcome to the fold fella......J

canterburyfour said:
Hey volks,
My name is Chris from the States.

Chris and his family are wonderful people, and I'm proud to know them. I'm John (known on most of the lists as JLT). I've owned my '71 Dormobile Westie for about a year, but I've been driving VW buses since 1970 and have put about a half a million kilometers on them.

I also write about them. A rough draft of one chapter of a book in progress can be found here:

http://midtown.net/dragonwing/blunderbus.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I've recently been on a 3000 km trip to attend a bus festival in Maupin, Oregon. The notes on this trip are posted at:

http://midtown.net/dragonwing/maupin.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool Panel Van Endre , I too have a 69 Panel Van , look forward to more pictures of it mate 8)

Loxy said:
Endre D said:
My new car is a 1969 panelvan (pics from the pickup yesterday);

26072009062.jpg

Endre

Nice looking panel, grazy will be along shortly ;) (if he hasnt been already)

Whats the story with the front badge?

Thanks guys!
The front badge is a one-off CNC laser cut aluminum item that the PO had made. Not really sure if I'll be keeping it yet..
I'll post some more pictures once I get started on it. :D

6213_119521577000_552872000_2706603.jpg

Hi, My name is Steve from Newport, South Wales.

Maybe a mid life crisis but I have suddenly after admiring from afar been struck by the need to get myself an early bay.

I like the Splitty's but being honest I just can't afford one.

Hope to get a few tips on who and hwere to avoid, what to look for and the best places to look for a good van at a sensible price.
I don't mind LHD but I do want a rust free body that is ready to use.

Any ideas?

hello all just got my first bay to use while split is undergoin a long resto 4 yrs up till now lol, a can of lager at a show for first one to guess which bus i now own, just gonna kit it out inside and use it, looking forward to goin to shows tentless again

Latest posts