New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Have been reading / lurking a while and thought I would take the plunge and register.

Kyrk is the bus, 72 westy conversion, my name is Andy I am 42 and owned the bus 4 years and have enjoyed eveyminute of it.

Cheers.

whats up first post :msn4:
names M.C.
gotta 71 tintop westy.

100_2695.jpg

100_2313.jpg

100_2356.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Hi all

Just posting a quick post to say hi. Found out about this site after talking to a couple of people at the Bristol xmas cruise on sunday, glad to find a place for early bay lovers. I'm new to owning an early bay after a fire took out my late bay, now ive seen the light and own a 71 cal look. look forward to talking to you all in the future.

sorry i think i may have just put some photos on but not that great with the lap top yet.

Attachments

• !Ben46sgCGk~$(KGrHqIH-DIErciL(OFpBK-Bu(8oow~~_14.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 910
  • !Ben59igB2k~$(KGrHqEH-CsEreIW6p9eBK-BzbdZtg~~_14.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 910
  • !Ben5S4wBmk~$(KGrHqMH-DcErhsoGdykBK-BwQMBLg~~_14.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 910
Hi, my name is Ted, i work with Guy at Slamwerks.
just sold my 65 microbus and have bought a 71 Deluxe,
so i thought i would register and say hi :D

Ted said:
Hi, my name is Ted, i work with Guy at Slamwerks.
just sold my 65 microbus and have bought a 71 Deluxe,
so i thought i would register and say hi :D
Welcome to the forum, good way to start the year off.

Hi everyone, i am michael 29 years from belgium
I have a daughter(7months) and a loving wife ;)
sorry for bad english :oops:
my cars here
1st rat oval 01/01/54

my T2A 70 panel

that the aircooled piece :oops:
I also have 2 watercooled,daily A6 and jetta 84
I love tattoo s,rat cars and and cruising with the custom bikes
my basman 346

I wish you a happy new year to :oops: ;)

Welcome to Earlybay mate :D

Loving Panel vans and I also love Jack Daniels 8)

New to EarlyBay? Yes! So I say "Hi!"

Name: Sebastian
Van: Betty Jane T2a 1971 deluxe

Looking forward not only reading posts but also give some comments :D

Already got some pictures of my Van here:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cherio,
Sebastian

Hi everyone..

I've been the owner of a '71 ex-dormobile for 6 mnths now and absolutely loving it..even the heartache!
His name is Gus...Goes Uphill Slowly.

I'm enjoying the VW scene and the friendliness and helpfullness that comes with it..
Paul

Hi from Adelaide, South Australia
New to bays, I have had a few splits, got a 13 deluxe I have just spent 4 years restoring.
Just trying to convince a mate to sell his 72 Devon.
Will be asking a lot of questions ect

Dave

Hi. New to the site and love it. It's great to see others that are into customizing bays.

Here is my 71 sunroof
lowered with old speed spindles and busboys adjustable beam
Hawaiian print headliner
Sportsmobile roof rack in front and modified on in back.
stock 1600 plus stinger

Here is a video and pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9lZMK87gKo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DSC01936-1.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

Hi All

We bought Simon (Marvin)'s bus late last year. Here it is just after we got it home:

DSC01394.JPG

We haven't done much with it yet other than have T2D dropped spindles fitted and the adjusters on the front beam re-welded to suit. Much more comfortable to travel in now! Plans are to tidy up the tiny amount of rust it has, waxoyl, and some paint tidying. We'll be adding some personal touches along the way.

Now off to the Volksworld thread for me!

Hi guys finally got myself registered on your forum and just wanted to say hi.Got myself another earlybay 71 american deluxe thats been converted to fixed high roof (adventurewagen)was going to remove the hi top and fit a westy pop top but the more people say it looks like its got a boat on the top or how much for a 99 the more I want to keep it on so thats what I am going to do think it will look cool a slammed hi roof. Saw it advertised on here so some of you may have seen it.Bought it unseen just some pics and the word of the guy who sold it me all I wanted was a solid van that needed no welding and thats what I got its super solid couldnt belive it when it turned up even has factory paint underneath.There's also a fair bit of the og paint on top but looks like it has had a quick repaint in the u.s done a few panels with some thinners, buff and g3 and its come up sweet going to finish the rest off the van but keep all the knocks and dings just to give it some character.Still got plenty to do build an engine as it came without one want to go K/L pin beam,adjusters and dropped spindles gas burners or fuchs fit the westy interior I have bought get it m.o.ted,registered and use it.Just got to sell my other rhd early bay that is now a project to make myself some money and room. Thanks for reading and hope to meet up at some off the shows this year just keep a look out for the queue off people that think my van sells ice creams and that will be me ;) Will try and find some pics to post as soon as poss

Hi,

I've been sitting in the background for a while now as I was away for the majority of last year, so here is my 1970 Westy Elvis!! Should hopefully have the old boy back on the road post his MOT on Monday then its preps for a busy summer!!

5cdsc00916gj