New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from SW

have been checking the for sale section on this site for a number of weeks and now have the forum set as my home page on my work and home machines. Great forums, so much activity, loads of great topics.....i just need a van now. Im based way down south west in Penzance, visited the Newquay jamboree this year and had an amazing time, currently on the look out for an early bay after checking out evil Bens amazing bus and his brothers great import too. Currently have a (prepare for the boos and insults) Bongo but hoping to get a decent import for next summer to travel through Italy sampling and checking out the traditional ice cream parlours. If you are ever in Cornwall (Hayle) pop in to Mr B's Ice Cream parlour and say hi - great site, amazing vans.

cheers

Todd

:D Hi all, i've finally signed up on here....have spoke to some of you guys at shows, well friendly crowd. My names kim and i drive the south coast kustoms bus, we have had the bus a couple of years now and it came from Italy. Gav my other half runs the south coast kustoms resto shop. I love drivin me bus and try to do as many shows as poss over the summer......speak soon

Hi all, thought I had better register and say hello. I've been browsing quite a bit the last week or so as my other half finally fulfilled a longterm dream and bought a camper. Having seen pretty ratty ones go for a fair bit of cash she decided I had way too much spare time on my hands and bought an unfinished resoration project.

It's a 1972 crossover dormobile which at the moment looks in a pretty bad way, but is really pretty solid. The oldest vehicle I've worked on by a good 15 years, other cars in the current fleet are an 87 small bumper mk2 golf gti, an 89 BMW e30 m3, 89 lancia integrale and a little BMW compact for the work run / parts getter duties.

Loving the parts avaliability of these old busses and the tons of usefull information from people who have been there and done it all before.

Hi All,
Have been looking on here for a while as i have wanted a bay since recently hiring a splitty and taking the wife away for a weekend we have been hooked, so today took the plunge and bought a crossover off ebay for very realistic money.
Drove it home this afternoon, had a blowout on the motorway!! but got home no probs in the end.
There is a lot of work to do but plan on doing it over the next couple of years, plan to get it MOT'd and at least legal soon.
I am sure i will be on here a lot looking for parts and advice, great site by the way.
Cheers, Damo

Welcome to Earlybay :) the friendliest forum around
but there are Rules...we want to see pics of your busses :mrgreen:
Hi Gonch...crossovers rock 8)

Hi, I'm new around here. We have a bay window dormobile 4/8 conversion called Rupert. :D

Butter said:
Hi, I'm new around here. We have a bay window dormobile 4/8 conversion called Rupert. :D

Hello butter, any chance of some pics as we need them like a junky needs drugs :lol:

Also, where abouts are you in the world :?:

And, hello to everyone else 8)

Hi I'm from Sunny Cambridgeshire :D

DSC01612.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Agree with loxy- as rare as rocking horse poo :mrgreen:

Hope you are going to keep the interior as original as you can - looks like a very nice project 8)
Whats the underneath like Butter and make sure you start a resto thread ;)

He's pretty solid underneath, we're trying to keep him as original as possible, down to his lovely warm fadded colour.
We've had him for a few years now. He's due to have a bit more work done on him in the next couple of weeks to get him through an MOT :mrgreen: He only had two other owners before us, a family that had had him from new and had kept every little bit of paper work and history and then a family that had him for a couple of years.
He was used for the VW camper the inside story book about interiers.

Hellow there , I'm an early bay fan although I now have a late one :shock: thought I'd say hellow any road ?

Hi
Also new to Early Bay. Had the '71 Crossover (September) since Spring and spent all season working on it but will be ready for next Spring!! Went to Brighton Breeze last week and it was great; and the van made it all the way and back without any hitches!!! :)

Hello guys,
New to this so we thought we would say hi!
We live in Newquay and were sat on Fistral Beach watching the surf when a couple of your existing members came over for a chat and told us about your site... Glad they did as it's awesome!! Had to join straight away :D
Anyhow, a little about what we have: We actually have two vans, a UK tin top and a bright orange crossover cali import - both 1971 (pics to follow at some point when my computer wants to start working!!) Unfortunately neither have their original interior so had to make our own.
Good to be on here
Andy & Sarah

hey

hi from dorset. just got my first bay, 68 panel LHD from USA, had a beetle yrs ago, been on a t25 since then, missed air cooled and now back to it properly with a nice early bay.

got plenty of n00b qestions so thanks in advance when i post all my stupid questions laters..

six

Hi all.

I've been lurking around here for a while & thought it time to break cover.

I have a 67 Bay.

BTW anyone know where I can get a wiper arm for a 67 Bay (They are different to the later ones)?

Cheers,

Richard.

Latest posts