New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI !

Yes i do like to take pics , but i want that my every step with restoration to have a photo maybe someday it will help someone ...

thanks..

Hello everybody,

i am Remon and lives together with my girlfriend Diana and 15 months old son Leon in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
After driving BMW E28 535i, 528iA and M535i's I decided to buy something we al have fun with.

After some surching we found a T2a from the USA at Aircooled.nl. They now preparing the car for MOT and than i can start polishing...but now it's waiting (read as getting mental ill...;-)).

Want to know how the bus is doing : http://www.vct2.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The way I would like to go is something like de bus from 5egre, beautiful with de Porsche rims.

Hi! I am a San Franciscan stuck in Portland, Oregon, USA. I own a 1970 Campmobile that my father bought new in Frankfurt in July of that year. It has 376,000 miles on the odometer and has gone through six engines. The last one has lasted over fifteen years as I am now older and wiser. It is 90% stock with electronic ignition, free flow exhaust, a "rapid cool" external oil cooler and additional oil filter. Her name is "Van Ordinaire" and its main use today is to drive the 75 miles to Mount Hood for winter skiing.

I am a recent member of "The Samba" in the US and joined in here to gain additional data as I slowly restore her. Not much rust and little skin damage except in the back there are small dings from bad parking experiences.

Glad to be aboard!

William Saxe Wihr

hi everyone,
joined here after a chat with a guy at the petrol station, he had an early bay microbus he'd had imported from the usa, it'd been in a barn for years, light blue in colour. he gave me his username name but 've forgot it, so if you see this drop us a line. ps i've got a 72 crossover tintop in sierra yellow. will put some piccies on later. cheers :D

Hey William and hi Cuttsy,, this site seems to be getting more popular by the day. I too have a 1970 bus, called Sherbie and I`m sorry about this Cuttsy but my other bus is a 1972 and she is called Madonna (my donor) but she is helping me restore Sherbie.. So welcome !! 8) 8)

Ozziedog

Wonder if I might be allowed to join the party?

Not long taken ownership of a '69 microbus LHD swedish import (complete with swedish user manual, helpfully) which I'm in the process of converting from bus into bespoke camper. T-1 days before she hits the road with me for the first time so all digits crossed in hope.

Will post some pictures soon in the gallery and have a few questions I need to ask you knowledgable peoples when I gets the chance.

Enjoying the posts.

cheers
Doctorlove

Hello :D . I check in here from time to time, but have never posted, so i thought I'd say hi. I've got a '72 Devon Devonette, and I've just bought an extremely rotten '71 panelvan. I'm not sure whether to break it yet, or restore it. It's only had two owners from new and done 26,000 miles and it seems a shame not to keep it going. I'll post some pics up soon. cheers.

Hi you two,,, lovin those user names, I`m old enough to remember Doctor love as a single on vinyl :roll: :roll:

And Brother number one, that`s great,,,, butt where the hell did that come from ????

Now I don`t want to start casting aspersions or calling you two " slackers ", but the piccys seem to be in very very short supply, so see what you can do and let`s have a look. Oh and come on in and join the party, it`s good in here
8) :lol: 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, budging up to make room. :? :roll: :?

Here's a few pics as promised. '71 panelvan, the keen eyed amongst you might notice a bit of surface rust ;)
But it did have quite a few extras inside, like a NOS vw exhaust. when did they stop making these? it's about twice the weight of the exhausts you get now, even the decent german ones. also a new set of low front indicators, an absolutely mint early grill, and a set of seats and cargo floor mat from a microbus.
IMGP0632.jpg

IMGP0633.jpg

IMGP0636.jpg

IMGP0637.jpg

This is my '72 Devon Devonette.
04082008286.jpg

Hi im The zer,Ive recently bought a 71 deluxe microbus(Texan import)Just thought ide say hello and hopefully get a couple of pics up.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/gazzap31/DSC00366.jpg?t=1284576432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/gazzap31/DSC00367.jpg?t=1284576810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cant seem to get the actual pictures up :roll:

DSC00367.jpg

Hi Everybody...

I'm new to this forum, so I'm saying "Hello!". I'm planning on purchasing a '71 Single Cab in the very near future...so I decided to join you all and have some fun.

VW's aren't new to me, I've owned three Karmann Ghias, two Type III's, and a Vanagon Westfalia. I've also owned a number of water-cooled cars ( Mk1 golf/jetta, Mk III GTI and currently a MK IV GTI VR6 )

I also work for the local VW Dealership in the Parts Dept.

Here is the link to my Gallery so you know what I'm looking at project wise.

http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/dpeters83gti2/1971 Single Cab/

For the record, I'm not planning on restoring this, or spending a lot of money on it. I'm buying it for
next to nothing...and my goal is to patch it and enjoy driving it pretty much as is ( although I plan to eventually replace the worst of the panel sections and dog-legs and jack-points.)

- Doug
(Western Canada)