New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. here is my 71 westy. bought it last October but only recently got it mot'ed and registered (its from California). will post more pics as its fixed up. got loads of ideas but no definite plan at the moment.

71vwt2.jpg

photo8.jpg

71vwt2b.jpg

71vwt2c.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Chow for now!

simo said:
Hi all
This is my first post so be gentle! :shock:
Picked up my first vw- a ex californian 69 westy on sat.
drove it home from dudley to colchester and that was an experiance !! Went well tho i'm happy to report but i did join the AA for backup lol! It has a lpg conversion too which is lucky as it seems juicier than i imagined.
I apologise in advance for the questions but am a total novice vw wise :oops:
cheers
simo

good luck simo, get some pics up dude

im not to far away in Braintree

Hi all,

Currently going through the process of purchasing a 71 Westy import. The other half and I have always wanted a camper but never had the funds to invest. Now thanks to a redundancy it is time to enjoy life and get the van.
We looked around at a few but when we found this one she was in love, she is still smiling and giggling three days later!
The van is a Californian import, so a left hand drive. I'm no mechanic but it looks clean and solid underneath, drives really well and feels tight. Interior looks to be pretty much original equipment. Exterior wise she has EMPI wheels, lowered and finished in a pastel baby boy blue. Will get some pictures up online soon.

Cheers!

Updated: photo
4879655841_a33512f650.jpg

Hello everyone, some mighty fine looking bays here! 8)

I'm Jason from Lowestoft, recently sold both our Bugs in the hope of buying our first Bay...... watch this space!

Cheers for all the info etc.... im learning loads along the way just reading up on all the threads!

Heres hoping to post up pics of our first early bay in the near future!

:mrgreen:

Hi, We brought a 1970 van in November at busfreeze, we are currently restoring the van, bottom has all been replace now just got to sand it all down and sprey up and set all up as camper, great vans on here

hello everyone.

Daniel Olofsson from Sweden here.
I've been sniffin around for some time now here at earlybay.

I've just registered, and posting here just might improve my english... (please feel free to correct me if I express myself in a clumsy way).

I have a 1970 bus. It looks like this:
P4130091.JPG

It has horseshoes, dropped spindles and beam adjusters from wagenswest. The beam is'nt narrowed so it's kind of tight.
This spring I got a interior from a 88 T3 bus. Its not Westfalia I think, a lot of things is different, like table and fridge.
I've put it in the bus, and I'm also building a 2017cc motor with dual Dellorto 40s.

Please follow my project thread...

I think you all have nice busses and maybe next summer my bus will be ready for a trip to England.
Windsurfing at cornwall havebeen kind of a goal to me.

//Daniel Olofsson - Gothenburg - Sweden

//Daniel

wow, lovin that bug 8)

missed this post first time around

Dennis_ said:
Hello Earlybay!

I'm Dennis, 22, from the Netherlands. New to buses, but familiar with aircooled vw's, this is my '60 Mango:
DSC_0390.jpg

I'm a member of a small aircooled club, http://www.bugpeople.nl

As a new shop ride we've bought a '70 Westfalia wide bed pick up. More on that soon!

Hi All,
just wanted to quickly introduce myself ( nikky) and moonbus... our 1969 Dormy, original interior, engine..(contented sigh)
she has been SORN for the last 18mnths due to ill health..mine that is :lol:
anyway she is back and im in love all over again- and she smells soo gooood!! ( reckon this is the only site that might appreciated that statement as being not too odd! ;)
will post some picys in the gallery asap.

Hi, finally got round to joining.

Owned my 71 Westy since 2000, it's our daily driver and despite having a wobble {of ownership thoughts} recently, are now scheming what to do with the interior.

Originally from california, the interior is a wee bit tired now & will be replaced over the winter. That aside, been to a few shows met a few peeps from here at Vanfest, Brighton Breeze etc}

Work has been mad busy for a couple of years & don't get as much time to tread the boards as i'd like to. was once a frequent flyer on JK {Smiler G} but do pop in from now & then. Next show for me is Brighton Breeze where i'll be on the lookout for a few bits & bobs. :D

Hi first post so be kind, names lawrence been looking for my first early bay for a few months now and cant wait to get my hands on the right one, got a feeling that ill get a better price at the end of the summer been looking on ebay and on the for sale part of this forum, anyone got any other suggestions on where else to look, im open to what i get just want a good exterior and a sound engine that just needs looking after as i feel interior i can get stuck into! Any suggestions are welcome and im hoping to get all my advice from here cheers

Hi I'm Paul aka Doctor_D,

Been lurking in the for sale section for a while and just done a deal with Pacey for this lovely Delux-microbus. Been into dubs for over 20 years and had almost every type of aircooled motor.

Loving the Bay, but harldy drove it so far.... Should be back on the road by saturday, with a bigger motor and a couple of additions.

107_0233.jpg

Hi,

New to busing, forum is great, we bought Ermintrude on the forum, we're using the forum to assist in Problem solving using the other posts/ topics in other areas, She was a little testing yesterday and is now making her mark wherever we go (coming from above the heat exchangers we think) realised Haynes manual is either really good or incredibly sh*t, Any ideas on oil leak would be muchly appreciated. Fingers crossed i've loaded up the photos?!

Ermintrude1.jpg

Ermintrude2.jpg

Ermintrude3.jpg

ErmintrudeandWill.jpg

Ermintrudesilouette.jpg

Ermintrudeinbed.jpg

Hello everyone, new to all this...no pics of van...NO van yet! :shock: hubby and I are scouring the country for the right van so figured it'd be a good idea to join a few sites and gather as much advice as possible...it could take some time to read through the site!!! You guys are full of info!

TTFN

Hi guys, I'm Jamie, I'm 20 and this is my bus (okay, its not an early bay, but it is my ride... for now).
IMGP2036-Copy.jpg

IMGP2091-Copy.jpg

I've been wanting a bus since I was about 13, and got the one above when I was 17, and have been driving it since I passed my test, and been into dubs of all shapes and sizes ever since :D Love the forum, looks really good!

Barkafer said:
Hi Jamie, Love your non-EB ride! Are you going to the next ADK meet? I may be there in my new '71 Deluxe if all goes according to plan. Check it out in the Gallery under '71 deluxe oh patina.
Chris.

Hi Chris, thanks - I love it too, guttted to be selling to be honest. Yea, I think I probably will be, on the way home from VW Action which I think a fair few of ADK will be attending. Awesome, your bus looks wicked, love that heavy patina! But, pleeaaaase tell me you're going to buff that paint - I think shiney rats look soo much prettier, haha. Would be good to meet you and put another name to a face.

hallaaa !

new to this forum ....great forum good people nice cars , i just bought a 1970 t2a bus 1300 cmc , i am from Romania Bucharest if it matters :)) so i will let you enjoy my pics (hope so)

the red one is for sale the yellow/black one it`s the main interest ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12372532@N07/sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks !