New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few snaps as promised. Not some of the best pics. Some are old. I will take others that are more recent if this works. I guess I am a real computer ponce.

Charlie Bubbles said:
Her e are a few snaps as promised. Not some of the best pics. Some are old. I will take others that are more recent if this works.[photobucket] I guess i am a real computer ponce.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It took me months to work out how to post the pics, then once I did it I was popping pics up every five minutes for a while. Tried to pop something up the other week and couldn`t work out how to do it again :oops:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Think it`s an age thing :lol: ;) :lol:

Charliepics067_resize.jpg

Ok Here is the first one. This is the current fleet.All are 71`s. It makes it nice to be able to have just one kind of parts to hoard. The blue bus is my camper, Daily Driver. The red primer is the beach bomb. I drive it 7 miles to the beach and down the sand. The 4th bus in the stable is in the shop and I have no pics of it.

Charliepics057_resize.jpg

This bus was in a junkyard 10 years ago. It is rust free and I have gone completly through all mechanicals. The interior is still original except for the seat covers, pedestal mats and curtains. It cost me 800 bucks to get it out of the yard. Since then it has had a ton of love and a few bucks put into the engine compartment. Its a Pat Downes built 2006cc stroker long block. I tried to get budget horsepower. It runs good and I have about 30 k miles on it now.

Charliepics056_resize.jpg

Picture033_resize-1.jpg

enginepics003.jpg

Charliepics063_resize.jpg

Charliepics059_resize.jpg

Charliepics062_resize.jpg

So here are a few of the accessories added to the big engine. Cooler and fan and the System 1 oil filter. It is reusable and its nice because it can be opened up andyou can see what is getting filtered as the engine wears. I have to admit that after looking at some of the busses on this site I may just drop this one too. I hope you like `em. Charlie Bubbles

Charliepics081_resize.jpg

Thats the original Charlie Bubbles on top.

Hi, I'm another Newbie to Early Bay (shouldn't be I've owned mine snice 2004 :shock:), been on VZi for an age.
But only got it/her on the road this year.

Pics of the Transformer (hiding in plain sight ;-)) At Bug Jam (1st proper trip out) courtesy of Julian Robinson and Retro-Motoring
BugJam01.jpg

BugJam03.jpg

Deconstructor said:
Hi, I'm another Newbie to Early Bay (shouldn't be I've owned mine snice 2004 :shock:), been on VZi for an age.
But only got it/her on the road this year.

Pics of the Tranformer (hiding in plain sight ;-)) At Bug Jam (1st proper trip out) courtesy of Julian Robinson and Retro-Motoring

Liking it :) welcome to earlybay! (eventually!)
Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

hi all just managed to get picture on my profile, will try to put some more on soon maybe seek some advice to how to tackle some chassis work cheers all

Thanks for the welcoming comments. I have got some more pics, but just can't seem to find them at the mo ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think your bus could use some black side view mirrors. Then it will really blend. :)
But seriously.. Lets see the bus underneath the camo.

Found some of the more recent ones.

Ex Swedish Army Bay. Now runs 1776, Dropped spindles with Porsche pattern vented discs (Wagenwest?) Creative Porsche Pattern Rear Drums,

6" Cookies on Front 7" Cookies on Rear

23072011359.jpg

22072011355.jpg

21072011354.jpg

21072011353.jpg

Hello and welcome :mrgreen: dont forget to put you pics up in the gallery and start a thread for your buses 8)

Hi there Eric84, welcome to the earlybay and hurry up with them pics !!!! :lol: So what have you got then ??? A brief description (or long) to whet our appetites till you manage some pics ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Piccy whore :mrgreen:

Hi all... new to the forum, have posted my resto details in the Gen section and asked a cuppla questions bout wether I shud stick with my hi top or not, had some great answers/opinions so far, much appreciated. This place is coool

Thought I'd share this with ya... Me an ma collegues messin at work.. funny as... Found a Meatball in ma Glove Box...!!! :lol:

Deano :D

click the pic, redirect to photobucket.

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

What a nice way to wake up this morning !!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Wake up with a laugh :mrgreen:

Hey, have had me Westy for about 6 months now and am about to start replacing panels.... Although she looks great some restoration work carried about before I came to own her is a bit slap dash. Can anyone recommend the my best bet in terms of getting hold of origional quality panels. I need a new drivers door and boot door for starters...

Any advice much appreciated. :D

Hello 8)

I'm new! although I posted elsewhere first :oops: , anyway i'm currently restoring a 72 devon moonraker which is taking way too long (2 1/2 years and counting) just looking to get some inspiration and motivation.

Also on the lookout for another van as a temporary standin for mine, if anyone can help. Have a 5.5k budget and will consider any camper from split (ha not for 5k!) to T25.