New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome! some great looking buses and some interesting new people for the fold. Sit down, grab a coffee or cider (or stella for ozzidog ;) ) and enjoy :mrgreen:

Hi just wanted to say hello and show you all my 71...errr kombi???
Picked it up last night all fine but it won't fit in the garage because of the pop top.
Wife looks at me and says what are you going to do? I said umm slam it! She said ok cool! I said wow that was easy 8)

So here it is, not sure what model it is but the side windows look a bit funny!!

26d4c18f.jpg

f425f19d.jpg

d915b563.jpg

90b4217f.jpg

19381728.jpg

Also in the process of doing this 62 :?

3d127499.jpg

Messing about with this

powerengenieeringrollingroadday003.jpg

And getting a big headache from this :roll:

cdb1f473.jpg

Hope to chat to some of you guys soon at some shows.

Marco.

Hello and welcome Marco 8) you will find that your bay used to be a panel van and those windows are a later add. You can convert it back if you have the skills or actually want to! :mrgreen:

Hi there,

Hope everyone is good?

Bought a 1971 Dormobile just before xmas, having some restoration work done on it and should be ready for March! First camper so very excited. Will get some pics up as soon as it's ready.

Look forward to many years of camper fun, and trouble!

Hello Ebby and welcome 8) dont forget to start a resto thread in the gallery so we can have a nose at the pics! :mrgreen:

Well well well,, ;) seems to be getting a bit organised on here now with peeps putting up photos and everything so it`s all good. Is that yellow bug an Aussie import by any chance ?? Seems I can remember that colour scheme and style but don`t recall seeing too many this side of the equator. And Easy is spot on on with the ex panel conversion and some companies did actually do them like that, got a friend with a very rare Irish conversion that looks very similiar apart from the pop top. Mines an ex panel and I`ve plonked one side in with genuine stuff and am just doing the other side now but having a few welding problems at the moment that are almost sorted out as in I can`t quite see to focus and weld :roll: It`s great getting old innit :lol: Srawberry Annie ?????? there has got to be a little story to go with that name , care to enlighten ??? :mrgreen: And Ebby, yes we`re all great as usual and pleased that you guys / guyesses have joined us and lots of loverly loverly piccies now don`t be strangers and join in where you can and please can we have no one talking rubbish or making things up when they clearly have no idea at all !!! :shock: Because some people don`t realise that is my only purpose on this site :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I`m good at it :mrgreen:

Just bought a cross over bay for family holidays and towing. Its fairly rotten at the moment but is a welcome addition.
IMG_0360.jpg

the other one ;)
P3270457-1.jpg

Hi everyone, just left the dark side ( t5 ) so am looking for a bay, must be rhd,
So hello and am looking foward to some meets and lots of help, as i am new to air cooled,

Hello and welcome to you guys, that bay looks ok, a bit of the newness wearing off but looking at the other one, I reckon you got it covered ;) And Budgie 7, where are you in the world ? If you let us know, there may be some meets close to you that you can pop along to , :mrgreen: there may even be someone close to you that`ll take you out for a spin, we do like showing our busses off :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Lord help you if you is in Brizzal :mrgreen:

easy said:
Hello Ebby and welcome 8) dont forget to start a resto thread in the gallery so we can have a nose at the pics! :mrgreen:

I'll make sure I do :D

Hello all at Early Bay. I have just joined your ranks as today I picked up my first Bay. Its a 1971 with a Devon poptop. It "appears" to be solid but is a little worse for ware and has no interior apart from the cheapest nastiest set of bucket seats I have ever seen.

Anyway, she goes into the body shop next week to be poked and prodded at. Here's hoping the panels are solid enough and that it can be painted up in no time. It has a fairly recent engine and runs sweet. I'll get some pictures up soon and of coarse I'll have plenty questions for you guys especially on buying advise as I'm going to need plenty of bits and bobs.

Would it be OK to start a thread on the refurb of my bay?

Great forum and look forward to contributing.

Lee

LeeZee said:
Hello all at Early Bay. I have just joined your ranks as today I picked up my first Bay. Its a 1971 with a Devon poptop. It "appears" to be solid but is a little worse for ware and has no interior apart from the cheapest nastiest set of bucket seats I have ever seen.

Anyway, she goes into the body shop next week to be poked and prodded at. Here's hoping the panels are solid enough and that it can be painted up in no time. It has a fairly recent engine and runs sweet. I'll get some pictures up soon and of coarse I'll have plenty questions for you guys especially on buying advise as I'm going to need plenty of bits and bobs.

Would it be OK to start a thread on the refurb of my bay?

Great forum and look forward to contributing.

Lee

Hello and welcome!

Of course it's o.k. to start a thread - in fact, we insist :D - love piccies and progress and great for others to see and be inspired or help with any queries, look forward to it!

The John66 said:
g[/img]

the other one ;)
P3270457-1.jpg

Oh my lord - that is beautiful - how did you break into my mind and build my perfect looking bug??? :shock: - would like to see more piccies (specifically 1280 X 1024 so I can have it as a desktop :D ) really is stunning, same level of detail/resto intended for the camper?

AAhh great stuff, I have a few questions and I really am very new to the whole aircooled thing. I'll get the camera out tomorrow and show you guys what I'm starting with. :D

lard said:
The John66 said:
g[/img]

the other one ;)
P3270457-1.jpg

Oh my lord - that is beautiful - how did you break into my mind and build my perfect looking bug??? :shock: - would like to see more piccies (specifically 1280 X 1024 so I can have it as a desktop :D ) really is stunning, same level of detail/resto intended for the camper?
Hi thanks for your kind comments. There is a whole build thread on VZI ('66 Turbo Bug) in readers rides of the car, this isn't really the place for bugs ;). The bus is going to be structurally restored, and made good for regular use. It is for my girlfriend and son to use daily and also to tow the bug to race meets as I seem to break it every time I go out. I am also fed up with sleeping in a tent so this will solve that issue :) The plan is to leave it looking fairly stock but there may be a larger power plant popped in the back at some stage :)

Hi there people I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to using it and joining in my bus is a 1970 dormobile which I've had since summer 2011 which replaced my much loved t25 Currently in a lovely shade of matt brown with a cream top a little ratty and cream is sanded through in a few places also slammed to the weeds
56986708-30ba-5e24.jpg

Latest posts