No working front side lights & only one N/S tail light. HELP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Reaction score
Hi there, hope you can help me. I have a 71 Early Bay Devon Moonraker. Recently had new floor, inner/outer valance and front panel replaced. I have no working front side lights & only one N/S tail light, also my number plate light is not working. I've checked and swapped the rear light units and then changed all the bulbs. I can see from the circuit diagram it all goes through fuse 1 that I have also changed. Looks like others have had the same issue in the past. Would really appreciate any knowledge on this. Have checked also the earth that looks to my knowledge okay. Cheers

As mentioned above, get hold of a multi meter or test lamp, or make one.

Turn on the lights and get down to your fuse box and go between Earth and the side light fuses.

Is the fuse box original ? If not then check the fuse box as I have seen loads of them that have melted the plastic around the fuse holder and terminal this is always caused by the brass rivets that hold the fuse holder and the terminal together to the plastic are loose which causes arcing.

On your sidelights check you've got an earth to them, its usually supplied from the headlamp bowl so if youve got a new front end it might not have been reinstalled.

The N/S tailight is fed from the O/S as thats where the wiring look runs and the number plate light is fed off the same feed so look at the back of the O/S light cluster and check you have a solid earth and all the terminals are clean, there are some horrible repro light units out there so take off the lens cover and push the bulb against the contact to make sure its not a poor connection at the back of the lamp, the prongs corrode up easily.

Latest posts