(Non EB) Yahoo email account verification (spam??) query.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danbury Doug

Reaction score
Hi folks
I have a Yahoo email account (had it about 7 years, and used every day).

Recently I've kept receiving emails 'supposedly' from Yahoo, into my spam folder.
They are from 'Yahoo Account Service<[email protected]>'
The contents reads:
"Dear User, we are sorry to inform you that we are currently working on securing our server, during this process accounts which are not normally verified by us will be deleted, Please confirm and submit your information for manual verification.

Account ID.....
Password.......
Occupation....
Country........
D.O.B........... "

It then goes on to say that upon receiving that information, the account will be manually verified, but if this 'notification' is ignored the user will lose his/her account permanently!

Have any of you received the same? I'm not usually fooled by spoof emails, but with this one I can't decide! I've had two or three of these reminders 'from' Yahoo, all into my Spam folder, but then I've had genuine emails go into the spam folder too!

I guess I can always contact Yahoo to double check, but before I start looking for a number or email help desk, I thought I would put the question to the panel, genuine or spam? :?

Thanks in advance! :D

Doug

i have a yahoo account, sounds like a scam to me, why would yahoo want to know occupation?? must be some way of checking with them, i personally would find a contact for yahoo ( not address on THAT email ) and forward a copy to them and see if leggit!

Googled and came up with loads of hits. Here's one.
http://www.techbuzz.in/yahoo-phishing-mail-from-alertyahoo-inccom.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks both, for your prompt replies. :D

Dave, I agree, it did seem strange for them to want to know one's occupation, but these days we're just about being asked for shoe sizes too! :lol:

Marvel, nail on the head. Mind put at rest. :D

Thanks again.

Latest posts