northerners cruise to stanford hall - sign up here

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
right then,
I've spoke to a few of you about an earlybay cruise down to stanford hall on the 6th may

I'm pulling together a wee convoy, I reckon there will be at least 3 of us, but hopefully many more

I'm from leeds, so reckon a meet at wooley edge services on the M1, then another stop to meet 'southern' northerners at trowell near nottingham

times to be confirmed, but reasonably early in the morning is fairly likely

hopefully we can get in the bottom field and show the ssvc how it's done ;)

or at least park up together in the carpark (next to the lake mmmm...)

if you've never been before, it's a great show, classic vw's (little to no custom stuff) in a great setting, plus LOADS of classic porsches too. a lovely day out and not too far for us northern types

I know a lot of you have buses in bits at the moment, so pull yer bloody fingers out!

all those in favour say 'aye', or 'mebbies' :D

I'm happy to drive north to Nottingham and join up, or may camp somewhere overnight near there in order to meet you.

How early is early?!!

DeLuxes 2 Other EarlyBays 0

that's the spirit mike!

actually, i think it's deluxes 4 other earlybays 1

dunc and tim seem set for it, just like vanfest eh?! now if only we can slow tim down so dunc doesn't end up p!ssing oil all over the front of my van we'll be doing well :wink:

not sure how early, we'll see what the concensus says

I've got to go down the day before to see the family...but it would be good to join up in the car park and maybe for the trek back upto Leeds. Me is deluxe too! Earlybay Northern Alliance...

Good luck Baron with the cruise, wish I could have made it, but that's life :cry:

We are going if we can get another stub axel fitted in time.

We are travelling up the A14 from the south though.

Anyone going this way?

excellent guys :D

68 devon will be there already with the <spit>ssvc</spit>

so that's um, lots of early bays

if i could think of somewhere close down there we could meet the southerners that might be cool, but leicester forest east is still a good 10 miles north of the stanford hall turnoff

sucram, is wooley edge out of the way? you wanna meet at trowell instead? and where near ponty btw? I used to live over askern way, which was quite close to ponty, we could see the lights on a night :wink:

baron said:
sucram, is wooley edge out of the way? you wanna meet at trowell instead? and where near ponty btw? I used to live over askern way, which was quite close to ponty, we could see the lights on a night :wink:

We are at South Kirkby, Ponte is our postal address. The nearest Services to me I guess going South bound on the M1 would be Woodall Services just before J30, it's around 30 miles from my house. Wooley Edge services in relation to me would mean I'd have to go up land then across to J39 on the M1 to go down to that service station. It's far easier for me to go to Woodall which you would be passing anyway.

woodall services it is :D

gonna a be an early start from leeds with all these stops!

Baron - if we can work back from our projected time of arrival at the show maybe we can suggest times to meet at the various services on the M1. Any thoughts?

hows about....
10am leicester forest east
9.30am trowell
9.00am woodall
8.30 am wooley edge

or rather the other way around

is that too early for everyone, is that enough time between services? i dunno, was just aiming to arrive around 10.30, and ain't got broadband to play with routefinder @ mo :cry:

Looks good to me. I am still not sure if I am coming up Sat and camping somewhere or hitting the road early on Sunday. I'll pm my mobile number so we can keep in touch.

Anyone else looking to join us?

so far as I can tell from routefinder those times from services to services work

there's bound to be slight delays at each stop, but we won't leave before the specified time, and in most cases it will be slightly later than spec'd!

just park up in the car park and await the convoy, maybe pm me phone no's so we can keep in touch

8.30 am wooley edge
9.00am woodall
9.30am trowell
10am leicester forest east

looks like rain for sunday : (

Latest posts