NZ Danbury - Aug '67

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good story.
Nice thread.
Cracking van.
Well made up for ya 8)

Keep us updated as to what happen's next ;)

Sweet as Deano. Where abouts is Mt Maunganui? Have some family in Wellington and some mates in Fielding and the surrounding wopwops, anywhere near you? Have been out to see them twice in the last four years and will be out again in a couple of years. You just need a boat to go with the beach and now your mobile batch.

Al (a fellow Danbury owner)

Hey Al, just saw your van thread - wow!!! That is one very sweet bus, I love that colour and what you have done to the interior. Have you still got the stripes on your pop top canvas and have you ever needed to replace it?

Mt Maunganui is a small sand peninsula similar to Sandbanks in the UK with a small extinct volcano (the Mount) at the end, we are on the East coast about 2 hours south of Auckland.
[img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/Digdug_album/018.jpg[/img]
This is a picture of main beach from the Mt... its about 3 blocks wide with the harbour beach on the other side, better pictures on Photobucket site that I cant access.

Hey Deano. That looks like one nice place to be, especially at the moment.

I've got the same stripped bellows as you. There are a couple of small holes which i have covered in the obligatory duct tape, but it really keeps the rain out and works well. It has had some pretty serious testing with wind and rain. I do have a small bit of stripped material which i will stick over the rips to blend in in due course as a spare fibreglas top came with the bus, but it isn't in great shape. Will move it on when i can if any interest.

Cheers for the comments and good luck for 2010.

Al

Might start doing weddings?
003.jpg

I took a few more photos for the website I plan to build for advertising
Feb2010062.jpg

Feb2010058.jpg

Latest posts