OG stereo blank off plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Anyone know how much they go for?
Reason ive poseted here is im just pricing up a few bits at the mo and dont want to waste peoples time in the for sale section as im not looking to buy at the mo.
Are they a hens teeth item or are there a few about?
I cant find one :mrgreen:

Rich

Grazy said:
i cant remember where but im sure ive seen them repro !!
Good quality?
Do they come with a VW emblem on the front or are they just plain, black oblongs?

Cheers for the reply :)

Rich

Plain black mate , textured finish as per glove box in the centre I think , !!

Mmmm. Il have to look about n see what theyre like.
Would prefer a proper one mind.

Cheers again

Rich

They came up all the time Rich 10-20 quid. Go OG. Repro pattern sis slightly different to the original.

Not sure what the shipping would be for you but they come up often enough on The Samba. There's one there now but has a hole drilled in it and asking $36US! I found a nice one for $10CAN, faded and all so it looks original to my bus. I will keep an eye out for you.

I've just sold 2, one good one on here for £15incP&P and a really good one on ebay for £19+p&P so that is indeed the ball park. The repro ones do look really good though, C&C do them
http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/interior_parts/dash_parts/german_quality_dash_radio_blanking_plate_68-79_672/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but personally i'd prefer a good original one if you can find one.

S.

Found this in the US for you. Mighty pricey though :shock:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VW-AirCooled-Bus-Radio-Delete-Plate-68-79-/231013558071?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c97b2737&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To be honest, thinking about it, it just needs to be as new or new.
Ive done a few bits to the dash that arnt standard :mrgreen: so its not the end of the world as long as its black.

Rich

I got a new repro one and it doesn't quite fit, think they are for the new barzilian bays not our earlies. I may be wrong. Saying that it kind of rest in front of the hole well and has yet to fall out but its not a proper fit.

Latest posts