• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OG VW style rear MUDFLAP BRACKETS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.Doris
2. Kombi Zombie
3.Terrier Man
4. Wannabay
5.slammedresto
6.R73
7. Cunning Plan
8. Sydney1
9. Mr Brightside
10.Creationblue
11.Toffo
12. Gwar72

Count me in please...!! :D

Great response chaps, I'll keep it open a bit longer to see if anyone is interested.

feel free to add your name to the list ;-)
Regards - Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in on the dirty dozen! :lol:
I'll be unlucky 13 :shock:

1.Doris
2. Kombi Zombie
3.Terrier Man
4. Wannabay
5.slammedresto
6.R73
7. Cunning Plan
8. Sydney1
9. Mr Brightside
10.Creationblue
11.Toffo
12. Gwar72
13. Foz

Il make the number even again.:)
Count me in.

1.Doris
2. Kombi Zombie
3.Terrier Man
4. Wannabay
5.slammedresto
6.R73
7. Cunning Plan
8. Sydney1
9. Mr Brightside
10.Creationblue
11.Toffo
12. Gwar72
13. Foz
14. Dubbedup67

Doris said:
Sydney1 said:
Hi.Is this still happening?

yeah,keep the names coming mate.
I'm going to get a prototype made as the earlies are slightly different to the crossover & lates.

OK. Mines a crossover. Are you able to get a selection as required or one design only?

My plan is to have both styles available, just waiting for a prototype to be made up.feel free to add names.
Nearer production I will get details on which type you all need.

Please bear with me, work, family,volunteer work & re building a bus all at once!! :D

Cheers - Rob

fancy some of those :msn4: :shock: :? ;) 8)

1.Doris
2. Kombi Zombie
3.Terrier Man
4. Wannabay
5.slammedresto
6.R73
7. Cunning Plan
8. Sydney1
9. Mr Brightside
10.Creationblue
11.Toffo
12. Gwar72
13. Foz
14. Dubbedup67
15. choplee

Just to keep you updated lads, The first set is being made at the mo.once I'm happy with fit etc I'll see what differences if any are needed between early/late and get the ball rolling on production. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers - Rob

Prototype set has been produced :D when I get a chance I'll drive over to collect them and trial fit on friday when I go to my bus.

Thanks all, I'll keep you updated ;)

choplee said:
fancy some of those :msn4: :shock: :? ;) 8)

1.Doris
2. Kombi Zombie
3.Terrier Man
4. Wannabay
5.slammedresto
6.R73
7. Cunning Plan
8. Sydney1
9. Mr Brightside
10.Creationblue
11.Toffo
12. Gwar72
13. Foz
14. Dubbedup67
15. choplee
16. Dazza1975

Hi Doris,

How did the trial fitting of the mudflap brackets go?? Not rushing you just interested in how it's going..!! :lol: :D

Offered them upto a late bay and they're ok, trying to get my hands on a x over that isn't caked in mud!! Early ones will to be slightly different but not had time to make an accurate template, had myther with my engine refit.

Really busy! Work/family/voluntary work so Hardly get anytime to work on my bus so that's why it's taking ages.

Cheers - Rob

That's cool, just wanted to see how you were getting on with the project. No rush, it all takes time with these vw's..!! :D

Hi

Can you confirm that these will work with the smaller bug flaps, they are narrow and shaped at the top, fitting to a 1971 westy

Thanks

Hi There

I would be interested in these if they are suitable...

I have a late bay and tried making a set of these using those plans from the ratwell site, but found that they seem to differ from what was required. I think the plans shown in the first post relate to a Type 4 engine?

Would it be possible for you to post pics of the completed article. Perhaps even on a Late Bay without type 4 engine?

Thanks

Andy

Latest posts