Oil bath hose placements

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
Hi peeps, was wondering where the hose goes from the fan housing, just coupled it to the oil bath filter, is this correct?

I think originally it would have gone to the charcoal canister, then from there to the filter.

Is that piped from the fan housing to the filter? Shouldn't be a problem as all you are doing is by passing the charcoal canister.

I'd be interested I'm finding out the hose routings for this too. I don't have a charcoal filter installed at the moment. How is it set up without the filter as I currently only have a feed from the filler pipe area to the air bath filter and from the fan housing to the oil bath filter. Am I missing anything?

Cheers.

Chris.

Cheers chug, the other end is coupled to the fan housing as you suggested.

The hose from the fan shroud goes to the rear connection on the charcoal canister. The (bigger) hose from the front of the canister goes to the
side of the lower part of the air cleaner. The hose from the oil filler/crankcase vent goes to the connection on the lower side of the air cleaner horn.
See Fig. 7-1, Fuel System chapter, Bentley service manual.

Latest posts