Old Skool Raving & misbehaving

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
westy geoff said:
an early bay house tent would be a blast.I think it would be a good alternative for all the old house/techno heads and a great oppertunity to showcase some young upcoming kids who have the skills, just got to make sure we dont blow any windows with the sub bass :lol:

I think we are on to something. Hardcore will never die, recon we wud revive the whole scene.

As for the criminal justice bill, im sure that no longer applies.....

the crimainal justice bill would not apply if we were to incorporate a music/disco tent into one of our weekend meets.I think that bill exists only for when the parties are illegal and people tresspass.Just need to say we were having a disco which would not be far from the truth based on us 'old timers' having the kids in there saying 'this is what dad used to do'.When I have played out over the last two years I have got my eldest daughter(12) behind the sysytem and to be fair she is getting better than me with her spin backs and mixing. :lol:

Shall we start a must play top ten?
1.A guy called gerald -Voodoo Ray

Love and peace

2. Prodigy - Your Love
3. Shut Up and Dance - Im Ravin im Ravin
4.Liquid-Sweet Harmony
Love and peace

westy geoff said:
2. Prodigy - Your Love
4.Liquid-Sweet Harmony
5. Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Style Warz
Love and peace

creationblue said:
westy geoff said:
2. Prodigy - Your Love
4.Liquid-Sweet Harmony
5. Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Style Warz
6. Nookie - Gonna Be Alright Remix
7. DJ Rap & Aston - Vertigo (Tumbling remix)
8. Foul Play - Finest Illusion
9. Edge 1 - The Remix
10. Cool Hand Flex - Wip Lash

Love and peace

Sounds of the sub bass

voodoo ray........bliss
i think it would be really great if anyone with the olde viynl spinning decks brings to a show soon and we could all bring our old viynl and show everyone how bad we are at mixing aka bedroom stylee.Back to back good times earlybay stylee.I sold my rig to go travelling in 96 so i can`t but maybe geoff ..can you do it? dubs at the castle? dave?

scott wilson said:
voodoo ray........bliss
i think it would be really great if anyone with the olde viynl spinning decks brings to a show soon and we could all bring our old viynl and show everyone how bad we are at mixing aka bedroom stylee.Back to back good times earlybay stylee.I sold my rig to go travelling in 96 so i can`t but maybe geoff ..can you do it? dubs at the castle? dave?

Its easy enough to hire it all, dont really need that big an amp for our little whistle posse.

If we could organise something amongst ourselves then ill arrange the hire ect

Just

Two of my faves. (you'd already picked my fave voodoo ray)

French kiss - lil Louis
Move your body - frankie knuckles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivr57dcs9-E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the all time bestest ever "rave" track....sounds way better on a proper sound rig

I would have no problems with bringing my kit,2500 watts on the bass amp,1000 on the top range amp,brook speakers which are well up to the job,plenty there along with two 1210's and cd desk.For what we are looking for that would be fine.

As for Voodoo Ray I was at a music gig last weekend and Roger Sanchez dropped it half way through his house classics set,To ay the place went nuts is an understatement.Hairs on the back of the neck feeling. :D

I will be up at Van Jamborree next weekend (KWJ129J)so if anyone is there pop over and see what everybodys view is.

Brothers sisters lets take it to the promised land..........

Few more.

Dionne(Come get my lovin)
SL2(On a ragga tip)
Praga Khan(Injected with a poison)

Try looking for Freestylers and Stanton warriors there still mixing old school tunes,Brings back memories when you hear tunes like Security etc.

westy geoff said:
I would have no problems with bringing my kit,2500 watts on the bass amp,1000 on the top range amp,brook speakers which are well up to the job,plenty there along with two 1210's and cd desk.For what we are looking for that would be fine.

As for Voodoo Ray I was at a music gig last weekend and Roger Sanchez dropped it half way through his house classics set,To ay the place went nuts is an understatement.Hairs on the back of the neck feeling. :D

I will be up at Van Jamborree next weekend (KWJ129J)so if anyone is there pop over and see what everybodys view is.

Brothers sisters lets take it to the promised land..........

Perfect Geoff, See if we can get it on, not going to Jamborree im afraid but im sure we can hook up sometime this season......

Did a spot of turntableism tonight, Richie Riches Salsa House sounded as good as ever mixed with Technotroics Pump up the Jam, finished off with Lil Louie & the World - French Kiss........

Picture415.jpg

Just

Too many tunes to nominate, but a couple that bring back some of my best memories
Mr Cooks nightmare - Ragga twins
LFO - LFO
Salsa house - Richie Rich
Your Love - Frankie Knuckles
Playing with Knives - Bizzare Inc

but Prodigy, Your Love is possibly the best tune ever.

I never went to the raves, don't really know why but I was into acid house probably after it became a commercial (around '88 ish) but sadly I have no Acid house vinyl. I used to go to acid nights at Bogarts at Rayners Lane, anyone else here go to those?
At the time I had a MkI Fiesta when I was 17 that had plain hubcaps, I painted them bright yellow with smiley faces on, was an interesting sight back in '88!, on the way home from Bogarts one night the engine fell out and I had to walk home, I can't imagine that these days.
I did go to Spectrum once, an amazing night I will never forget. I remember an acid house tune that had lots of church bells on it but have no idea what it was, anyone?

I started converting a lot of my old vinyl to mp3 but it was taking sooo long and the missus kept complaining I was spending hours on the pooter! Maybe I need to start converting more, bring back such brilliant memories.

Anyone into old Electro as well? Great tunes, Al-Naafiysh - Hashim is still a banging tune, more vinyl to convert!
Happy days.....

Mags

Latest posts