• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

On The Hunt for an early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westbay

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

Just got rid of our T25 this week so now on the hunt for a new van, wanted one last year but couldn't afford it but this year circumstances have changed so we are looking for the following:

Good condition, with camping interior, pop top roof (slimline pop roof, not the one with the big plastic base with space for a 2 bar roofrack infront)

Our budget is around 8K, really needs to be within 100 miles of Yeovil area (somerset) unless exceptional.

I've seen a few on ebay but there seem to be plenty of greedy dreamers out there with the prices they are asking.

Any help appreciatted

I'm Still looking for one peeps.

I've now done around 800 miles in the last 3 weekends going to see vans that owners have described as rust free excellent condition buses that turnout not to be, maybe i'm being too picky :?

Have you noticed the good ones are always the other end of the
country and , by the time you've planned the route, they are sold :(
Or is it just me...........................JIM.

bermuda blue said:
Have you noticed the good ones are always the other end of the
country and , by the time you've planned the route, they are sold :(
Or is it just me...........................JIM.

Yes i know what you mean :( i had the same problem last year when we got our T25, did around 3k miles and in the end found one about 10 miles from home.

I think some of the sellers i have visited must be estate agents by day with their descriptions of their vehicles, surely if someone tells you the bodywork is in A1 condition and no rust, then it should mean no rust, not that oh yes there is rust but not mentioned on the mot so its ok :x and no the engine doesnt leak oil but when you have a look under the engine and gearbox are covered in the stuff.

oh well the search goes on, could do with sorting one before end of August ready for vw jamboree otherwise it will be the tent or maybe get my practical head on and go for a T4 instead :roll:

Actually that gives me a regional idea, if established owner's on here were "on the doorstep" of a van for sale they might well be prepared
to have a look see for you. Clearly they could'nt make the choice to buy or not but it would avoid the wasted rust-bucket trip you mentioned.
If someone in Scotland wanted me to look at something in my neck of the wood's I would. :shock:
Just a thought folk's....JIM (Essex).

bermuda blue said:
Actually that gives me a regional idea, if established owner's on here were "on the doorstep" of a van for sale they might well be prepared
to have a look see for you. Clearly they could'nt make the choice to buy or not but it would avoid the wasted rust-bucket trip you mentioned.
If someone in Scotland wanted me to look at something in my neck of the wood's I would. :shock:
Just a thought folk's....JIM (Essex).
If anybody wanted me to do this i'd help out, as would other I guess.

Sounds like a good idea as long as the member who goes looking for you has the same perception as you ;)

I was meaning an opinion on wether to travel a long way to see it , based on the sellers discription (..no rust... good engine...) -a report of at a glance traces of rust in the usual places and an unkempt engine bay (oil on the floor), would certainly influence your "worth an all day round trip" decision making process............ :oops:

Contact Graham L. , I know he's got 1 or 2 early westfalias coming from California.
Or if a nice '73 poptop westfalia fits your needs let me know and I will send you some pictures of one coming to the UK in september, Cheers.

I have a 68 Riviera Bus that will be with me tomorrow, well within your budget, i will post pics and details later
simon 07971827006

As Juan says, I've got a westy tintop due very soon and possibly a nice pop top as well, drop me an email and I can send you some pictures,

Finger's crossed chap's , Bermuda Blue could be turning Artic White by the weekend ;) , bit of a journey but questioned & photographed to death so
high hopes ............ :eek: JIM.

I have a 69 in Salisbury and I'm looking for £6500. I'm just about to post it in the For Sale forum.
Not too far from Yeovil.
Richard

The riviera
built nov 67 (mmmmn nice)
Original colour was neptune blue, flowers are just stickers, i need to sort the minor rust in battery tray and drivers floor, rest is A1 solid (its never bee welded before)
Going by its build date has to be one of the earliest Riviera Conversions out there
I do have someone with first dibs but should know by end of play tonight
From £6k
simon 07971827006
IMG_0615.jpg

BSNtKK2kKGrHgoOKjMEjlLmRfcUBKCE5NP6.jpg

Latest posts