BUSFEST 2013 - Early Bay Camping - PLEASE READ RE. TICKETS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symcro

Reaction score
BUSFEST 2013 - NEWS - November 2012

First of all; a MASSIVE thanks to all of you who supported us for our first BUSFEST event.

We are now pleased to announce that continued support from our Traders, long term supporters & sponsors and dedication by the BUSFEST Crew means we WILL be producing another INTERNATIONAL Gathering of Transporters & enthusiasts at Malvern next year.

BUSFEST 2013 will take place over the weekend of 6th - 8th September.. :party0003:

BOOKINGS will open on ouR website http://www.busfest.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on 14th JANUARY 2013. :rocknroll:

The (other) GOOD NEWS is that we will NOT be increasing our prices this year.

We will keep the ADULT Price at £35.00 Per Person.

The CAMPING UNIT Price will remain at £20 for a 7mx7m plot.

The DAY VISITOR price will remain at £15 per adult.

(AND...................................... unlike most other events you will NOT be hit with ANY Booking Fees.) :roll:

However, to enable that to happen and do what we have got planned for next year, (and continue to produce events at Malvern) we are going to have to make a few changes to the event.

Our first BUSFEST was smaller than our previous events, (but that was planned), as we needed to reduce the event to a more manageable level and also because we believed (correctly) that a poor year for shows generally (weather wise), the effect of the recession and re-branding of the event would likely lead to less people pre-booking.

Unfortunately, we do not think that there is likely to be much improvement in that situation & although we expect there to be some pick up in numbers from last year we are thinking that in the long term we are unlikely to get right back up to previous figures.
This is because whilst people are still happy to pay a bit less and go to cheaper non show ground sites & events then we are not going to be able to compete on price & the downward trend in our camping numbers is likely to continue. (unless , of course it looks like being muddy next year again!). :roll:

(And before anyone else says it; reducing our charges right down to get more campers in is not the answer - that just creates more area requirements plus service & hire charges which we cannot afford.)

This means is that we will have to further downsize the event for 2013 in line with our predicted numbers to reduce our hire and servicing costs.
We will NOT be operating our off site Welland or Langdale Wood Camps next year & will be downsizing the North Camp.
We will still be aiming to keep our Camping Units total target to roughly the same as last year and will now fill some of the other gaps left on the show ground which have appeared since some campers & clubs have decided to go elsewhere.
This is (obviously) still the big unknown for next year & something we will have to review again at the end of July when the advance bookings close.
We will be relocating some of the Displays & the Show & Shine to make better use of the areas & new buildings that are now available to us.

We will still be providing FREE evening Entertainment, BUT, at the moment it is also looking like we may have to reduce our Main Evening Entertainments down to 4 venues. :party0041:
A 38% increase in the Main Entertainment Marquee hire charges last year makes it (unlikely at the moment) that we will be able to afford to use it.
We will still aim to bring you the BEST daytime (and evening) entertainments we can within our budget .

The acts will be announced in the new year when we will have (hopefully) resolved (or not) the issue with the Main Evening Entertainment marquee

OK, lets try and be a bit more upbeat here........................It is NOT all doom and gloom(I am just telling you how it is). :msn4:

Whilst we may have to change things around a bit we ARE confident that we will STILL bring you a VANTASTIC event at the BEST Show ground in the Country.

WE can promise you that BUSFEST 2013 will still be the BIGGEST and BEST truly INTERNATIONAL VW TRANSPORTER FESTIVAL anywhere!

If you have any doubt as to what we are capable of achieving (or have not been to our events before then check out the info, comments & pictures on our facebook page or website)

We will still have a massive Trade & Vehicle Sales Area and plenty of other activities going on.

We will of course also be celebrating our 20th YEAR at MALVERN and producing our own BIG VW to mark the occasion.

BUSFEST 2013 - PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME

TRADE STANDS
AUTO JUMBLE
VEHICLE SALES
CHARITY AUCTION
COOKING IN A CAMPER
CHILDRENS ENTERAINERS
CRECHE
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT
SHOW & SHINE
MODEL SHOW & SHINE
VEHICLE DISPLAYS
WELL TRAVELLED TRANSPORTERS
ALTERNATIVE ENGINES
CLUB DISPLAYS
SPLIT SCREEN ALLEY
50 SHADES OF BAY
WEDGE STREET
T4‘S GALORE
T5‘S ALIVE
BUSFEST CINEMA
THE BUSFEST BIG VW
TUNING WORKSHOP
VANCY DRESS
BUSFEST GAMES
BUSFEST TREASURE HUNT
SYNCRO OBSTACLE COURSE & OFF ROAD TRAIL

FULL details for next years BUSFEST event will be appearing on our website soon.

http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)

Just to add, Ive been talking with Chris the club camping manager and Early Bay will have a club pitch again in 2013, and hopefully an Early Bay line up/display on the Saturday. Details to follow.

8)

it's nice to see a honest and open post from an organiser like that, fair play.

Shame it will be full of T4s & 5s again??, sorry, but for this reason im out. :cry:

I'm in, I always have a great time and catch up with friends from around the country being as its pretty central, the water cooled thing don't bother me, it's about the people and having a good time for me 8)

creationblue said:
I'm in, I always have a great time and catch up with friends from around the country being as its pretty central, the water cooled thing don't bother me, it's about the people and having a good time for me 8)

I couldn't agree more we will be going, the whole family had a great time in the club camping this year

BUSFEST NEWS - JANUARY 2013

JUST A REMINDER FOLKS THAT OUR BOOKING SYSTEM FOR THIS YEARS BUSFEST OPENS NEXT MONDAY JANUARY 14TH

http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:party0003:

WHY COME TO BUSFEST?

BUSFEST is CERTAINLY, UNDOUBTEDLY, PROBABLY, & DEFINITELY the BEST VW EVENT to go to for ALL VW TRANSPORTER FANS, FRIENDS & FAMILIES

CERTAINLY – With a Full 3 days to keep you amused we will have the MOST comprehensive Entertainment programme for all ages of ANY VW EVENT. (We ARE still providing FREE evening entertainment).

UNDOUBTEDLY - We have use of the BEST Show ground and facilities (and views!) in the country for staging our event (whatever the weather!!) .
With excellent fixed indoor (and outdoor) facilities, good drainage and tarmac roadways we know you will have a good time when you are with us.

PROBABLY – (along with all our other special displays), this year we will be presenting the BIGGEST vehicle display of any event (anywhere).

To celebrate our 20th year of presenting Transporter events at Malvern. The BUSFEST BIG VW Display will contain at least 400 vehicles (and may end up with 1000)

DEFINITELY - You will find we have the LARGEST Trade Area of ANY VW event (in the World!) with everything you may want (or not) for your Transporter . PLUS a MASSIVE Vehicle Sales Area .

BUSFEST BIG VW

BUSFEST ‬2013 ‬it will be the ‬20th YEAR we have been producing VW Transporter Festivals at the Malvern Showground.

So we will be doing something VERY BIG to mark that occasion (‬as we did previously with our ‬10th event)‬.
One of the (‬Many) ‬things that has made our events@ Malvern stand out (‬miles) ‬above any other event is the fact that we are very good at producing very ‬BIG Displays.

As well as giving the event a real boost it has got us noticed worldwide & ‬is one of the reasons that BUSFEST is now the only truly International event for owners* & ‬enthusiasts of VW Transporters.

The Pictures & ‬banners we produced from our previous BIG Displays (‬we have done ‬4 ‬of them so far) ‬are still a big talking point and attraction* (& ‬we still keep getting asked when we are going to do the next one)‬.

Well the more astute ones amongst you will know that we actually helped our sister event “‬The Berlin Bus Festival” ‬do their own BIG T3* (‬T25) ‬display last year. ‬Well that has wetted our appetite to go one better this year and do another Big Display in the UK.

As with the previous displays there needs to be a big build up to ensure it is successful so we started to take bookings at the last BUSFEST & ‬already have a good number of vans signed up to take part. ‬BUT we still need a whole lot more to be sure of completing the picture (‬and making it even more impressive than the last one!)

THE BUSFEST BIG VW WILL BE BUILT ON SUNDAY ‬8th SEPTEMBER ‬2013 ‬BETWEEN ‬08.00 & ‬12.00 :party0037:

As with the previous ‬BIG Displays we will have a model of the ‬BIG VW and will be showing it off on our promo stand at the events we attend, (‬you will be able to book in at these event as well*)

We still have all the original material from all our previous displays so the promo and running of it should be a lot easier* (‬Might even be able to get the original Big Display Teams, ‬and some/many of the participants back together for a reunion – ‬Hint!)‬.

We also have the benefit of much better technology to do it this time (‬but will still probably end up with pegs & ‬string!)

Having done this one once before means also that we can improve greatly on the original design and hopefully get a lot more vehicles into it.
‬Our target is to produce a ‬4 ‬lane (‬instead of the original ‬3 ‬lane) ‬roundel BUT if we end up with a ‬5 ‬lane roundel the BUSFEST BIG VW will contain over ‬1000 ‬vans!

‬(THE DISPLAY WILL HAVE TO REMAIN IN PLACE UNTIL AT LEAST ‬14.00 ‬HRS FOR PHOTO SESSION)

Please note; In order for this ‬ Display display to work (and look correct ) it is only open to VW Transporters. BIG VW BOOKING FORM is on our website.

BUSFEST EVENING ENTERTAINMENT - FULL LISTING OF ACTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN NEXT UPDATE :party0023:

BUSFEST FEES FOR 2013 - REMAIN THE SAME AS LAST YEAR

Our BOOKING system will opens on 14th JANUARY 2013.

We will keep the ADULT Price at £35.00 Per Person.

The CAMPING UNIT Price will remain at £20 for a 7mx7m plot.

The DAY VISITOR price will remain at £15 per adult.

(And unlike most other events you will NOT be hit with ANY Booking Fees.) :)

For FULL details of our BUSFEST event, THE BUSFEST BIG VW (and booking your tickets ) please check out the info on our website. http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(ALSO; if you have any doubts of what we are able to achieve and produce at BUSFEST take a look at comments & full sets of pictures on our face book page) http://www.facebook.com/Busfest.Official?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BUSFEST - CERTAINLY, PROBABLY, UNDOUBTABLY, DEFINITELY - SIMPLY THE BEST

8)

For club camping shall we purchase through Clem again or direct through the BusFest website?

Was my favourite show out of last years washouts! Cant wait for this one to come around again.

Erm,

The last bit of the update is to try and get people to take a look at our website and facebook pages to get the other bits of info they might/will/want need themselves to come to our event. :anim_20: ;)

But to save you having to suffer that dogs are allowed & kids under 16 free entry. :)

Try this link http://www.busfest.org/tickets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)

Hi Everyone
I attended last years show and would like to say, the show combined with the "Excellent" weather we had a FANTASTIC time. Last year my splitty was undergoing a 14 month restoration and so I bought a T4 Doka and coupled up my 55 Westfalia funeral trailer for the event.

This year things have changed, I have now bought a 68 Microbus and hopefully it will be done in time. The splitty will be definitely done! So either way I will be in one of them! There is nothing wrong with the dates and I have booked, but on the Friday evening my 16 year old has his school prom, so won't get there until late evening on the Friday.

Does anyone take pictures of the buses arriving late at night? Last year there wasn't. On the show gallery from last year, I thought the photographer could ave walked around taking some random pics of the many people enjoying themselves. Just a thought.

I would like to express my personal thanks to all the organisers of last years event. Also can we have more showers please? :msn4:

Thanks..... :)

Howdy gang.
We went to Busfest last year for the day only and we are keen to attend all three days this year. We'd like to camp with other members of the EB herd, but I am unsure as to the correct protocol.
Do I purchase tickets direct from the Busfest website or else where (as per Stuf's post)?
I'd be much abliged for any further info.
There'll be me, my cook and three little tax deductions.

Quincey said:
Howdy gang.
We went to Busfest last year for the day only and we are keen to attend all three days this year. We'd like to camp with other members of the EB herd, but I am unsure as to the correct protocol.
Do I purchase tickets direct from the Busfest website or else where (as per Stuf's post)?
I'd be much abliged for any further info.
There'll be me, my cook and three little tax deductions.

Thats cool, Mr Clem with be along with all the details v soon mate, usually book thru here..................

Yes, I'll start the camping/booking thread soon. Early Bayers can book via me when I start thinking about it , should be end of March time I guess :)

Latest posts