Original Deluxe or not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just to confuse the issue i have an SA deluxe chassis number 24813***0. It has the clock, interior trim on all panels, jail bars, crested horn push the works except it don`t got the sunroof??!!??And it`s a 68 too!

Is it an M130 then ?

does anyone think this may be something like they have now with special editions at registration time??

'Vee Have tu sell zese buses Wolfgang'

'Put on zee more shiny bits Fritz'

*apologies to any germans*

M code 425 is a group M code. It covers this group of Mcodes.

which are

020= Speedometer and odometer in miles
089=Laminated windscreen
507=ventilation windows in cab doors
511=padded dashboard and dashboard lid
524=US/Canada spec (side marker reflectors, sealed beam headlights, running lights in indicators, back up lights, key in buzzer, duel circuit brake warning lamp.)

Over riders are not a deluxe option as such, its just that American VW dealers back in the day would load deluxe buses with every option in the order book.

Its all abit lost in translation. The term Clipper was never actually used evn though it did show up on some literature. Pan Am airlines sued VW over the use of the Clipper name.

if you send me a correct copy of your M plate and any other id on the bus i will translate it all for you.

To me the only true deluxe bus includes the M code 560?

Scott, sorry to disapoint but your "crested horn push" was never an factory option. That horn push is the Wolfsburg crest! Buses where made in Hannover. Would love that side step mind (M code 530)

Clyde,

The term Clipper was used in Europe, South Africa, and Austrailia but not in the USA for the reason you stated there they where simply called Deluxes..

I can tell u because the birth cert i got for the one i sold had clipper L on it so
nehneh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jon

where are you getting all this info on m-codes....i would love to have that to hand. Bummer about the horn push but hey it looks lovely so it`s staying.

Latest posts